Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Gingerbread

Default Help. Gingerbread Update fails

Can someone help me please. I can download the update but when it reboots it goes to clockwork recovery and then the update fails. I originally z4rooted my phone and froze a couple of apps, but I unfroze them a couple of days ago and unrooted. I never used a different rom. Is there a way I can reset everything so that clockwork does not come up, I think this is what is messing me up. Please help I want to go back to stock and run gingerbread.

I had the same problems with the soak test... I started a thread here. I also had the z4root. Nothing I did would fix it. I unrooted, uninstalled to list a few. I had to flash back to a stock 2.2 sbf. You should find all the links and info there to flash back and then install the 2.3 update manually. Hope this helps

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

I am also having a problem. The update downloads and then begins to install. About 25-35% along it stops and then reboots saying the install fails. I was rooted but unrooted. I have not uninstallled any bloat and used root for screenshots only. Any help?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Gingerbread

I am not familiar with how to flash and do not know where to get the stock sbf. Please help.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Gingerbread

When I hold home to boot into recovery I am getting the following message:

E: Can't open/cache/recovery/command.

Can anyone give me ***** proof instructions on how to get the new update to install. I originally z4root in order to freeze the bloatware I was tired of staring at (City ID). However, I unfroze them, unrooted, and even did a factory reset and cleared the cache. I am at a lost on what I need to do and would just like to get back to running unrooted stock gingerbread.

ROM
    Stock/Nova Prime

I already tried factory reset, format sd card, clear system cache tried downloading and installing ota fails everytime about a 1/4 of the way through. I had my phone previously rooted with z4 I've been unrooted for a week now. All root files and apps uninstalled from my phone. One thing that worries me is I had droid overclock installed when I was rooted and I had the boot animation turned off for faster reboots. Even after the factory reset the droid eye boot animation hasn't come back its still the simple android animation. Is this my problem? I don't know what else to do my phone is back to completely stock ugh...

Factory reset doesn't bring back any deleted items. You'll probably have to SBF to stock Froyo in order to get back to stock.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Gingerbread

Default Please help. Need to get back to stock

Can anyone please help me get back to stock Froyo. I did a z4root on my X to freeze the unneeded software so that I did not have to look at it (City ID). Now I would like to do the GB update and it downloands but does not install. When I reboot the phone it either comes up in Clockwork or comes up in the standard with the message E: Can't open/cache/recovery/command. I would just like to get back to the standard GB unrooted, as I am probably one of those individuals who should have never rooted in the first place, based on the issues I am having now. If you can provide me with step by step instructions I would greatly appreciate it. I am not familiar with all of the technical terms, so I would need steps on how to flash also, if that is needed.

Thank you from one Droid owner to another.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Gingerbread

Quote Originally Posted by carlos31820 View Post
    Factory reset doesn't bring back any deleted items. You'll probably have to SBF to stock Froyo in order to get back to stock.

How do you SBF?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Gingerbread

I am syncing all of my photos and videos to the computer, so would a SD format help?

http://forum.androidcentral.com/896678-post86.html

Watch the youtube video there. Just make sure you download the proper SBF file for stock froyo.
    Thanked by:

SD format won't help get you back to stock. If you're missing any bloatware, your best best is to either download the missing items, or SBF to stock froyo if you don't remember what you removed.

Watch the video in that post to get familiar with how to sbf the phone.
    Thanked by:

Default Unfreeze and unroot

I was under the impression that unfreezing all frozen apps and unroot in Z4-root would allow the update.
    Ofcourse you will loose root if you go the OTA route, until something like gingerbreak is updated.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Gingerbread

Quote Originally Posted by carlos31820 View Post

Watch the youtube video there. Just make sure you download the proper SBF file for stock froyo.
    Is the link to the SBF file in that post the correct one for the Droid X? What is the easiest way to install the RSD lite file on my phone?

Thank you so much for all your help Carlos.

Quote Originally Posted by j.bergthold View Post
    Is the link to the SBF file in that post the correct one for the Droid X? What is the easiest way to install the RSD lite file on my phone?

Thank you so much for all your help Carlos.
    I don't think that is the right sbf file because it says this at the bottom of his post "It will recovery your system to the stock 2.3.13 odexed state.". However, you can search the forums for the proper sbf file.

RSD lite is not installed on the phone, it installs on your computer. It's the tool that will program the phone once you boot into the bootloader and connect it to your PC via USB cable.

Take a look at the youtube video, once you watch it, you'll see how it works.
    Thanked by:
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Gingerbread

Thank you so much. Will this override any programs currently installed? Should I also format the SD card to start completely fresh?

ROM
    Stock/Nova Prime

Can I SBF using a Mac?

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

I just finished SBF'ing and the update installed. Spent too much time getting this on my phone

Quote Originally Posted by oakley921 View Post
    I just finished SBF'ing and the update installed. Spent too much time getting this on my phone
    Congrats and good job!

ROM
    Stock/Nova Prime

Is there any way to SBF my phone back to 2.340 using a mac?
    Or am I completely screwed! Im an never rooting again causing nothing but problems and I didnt even delete any bloatware...ugh please let there be a way.

Quote Originally Posted by oakley921 View Post
    Where can I find the up to date SBF file. The links at mydroidworld.com no longer work.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Gingerbread

Carlos, Thank you so much for all your help today. I SBFed my phone for the first time today, and then installed the update, and now I am gingerbread heaven. I appreciate everything. If anyone is looking for the SBF file that will get them back to stock Froyo, just go to the earlier link and scroll down. One of the links lower on the page worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by j.bergthold View Post
    Carlos, Thank you so much for all your help today. I SBFed my phone for the first time today, and then installed the update, and now I am gingerbread heaven. I appreciate everything. If anyone is looking for the SBF file that will get them back to stock Froyo, just go to the earlier link and scroll down. One of the links lower on the page worked for me.
    Cool man, glad it worked out for you. Now you can help the next guy that needs to know how to sbf. Congrats, I know you hold your breath that first time hoping all goes well.

I see your a pro at this sbf flash...i watch the video and currently am downloading 2.3.340 file from the link you had but it is so slow.....about 4 hours to get...is there another link to get it that would be faster?
    thanks

any help with that file would be nice...2.3.340
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast