Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I know a large part of my issue can be attributed to poor signal in my bldg

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

matthewdlyons

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
I noticed a drop off since the GB update. I don't use my DX heavily during the day, and don't have widgets pulling data, and at 1 pm my battery level at 60%. I took it off the dock, fully charged, this morning at 8 am.

Like some others, I had my DX plugged into a USB connected to a laptop (USB Charge only), and it wasn't even registering the USB connection, let alone the charging. When I got into my car, the USB charger worked.

Additionally, yesterday I noticed that BattStatt has not been giving accurate info. I don't know if others have experienced the same. For instance, the widget displays 80%, but when I tap the widget, it shows battery charge at 60%.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
So if I do a factory reset are my apps synced with gmail like my contacts? I don't mind doing it if my apps will come right back. Lol

midwestcajun

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
So if I do a factory reset are my apps synced with gmail like my contacts? I don't mind doing it if my apps will come right back. Lol

Yes they are...either they will start automatically downloading after reset or you will have to go to my apps in market and install. Its quite easy actually.

kf6kmx

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
It's draining like crazy because you are using it like crazy lol. Once the novelty of the new OS wears off and you go back to normal usage, you will see it is just fine.

That's not it... I gave the powered car dock, and after the update it doesn't seem to be charging on it as well either. Actually LOST percentage while plugged into car dock and using the nav... didn't have that problem before...

Also when at work the phone is sitting by itself (work in a secure building) and normally after 9 hours it would have 30% free or more, after update it have been below 20% in exact same circumstances ... also apps that never used alot of power before are now showing as big power users...

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I did the factory reset which was super easy and all my apps came back automatically. We'll see if it helps. Now... I'm considering rooting. I won't even ask for opinions because I bet 99% will say "Do it!!"

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Night mode, from 11 to 7 and full on for the rest. Roaming all day today, and at 13 hours up time and have just hit yellow. I have to say the stock OTA is great. I did do three geeky factory resets!

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Interesting... I will see how it works tomorrow. Thought about using super saver but my x is never idle long enough to be effective. Lol

blaidth

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Must be something else going on. Watched a full hour of netflix with screen brightness on full and my battery was fine. Moved down some but didn't kill it like i expected it to. there must be some individual issues that require factory resets or even reinstall of GB. You have tried a battery pull already i presume.

BTW- i am on performance mode with battery.

Last edited:

jpr196

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I think there are a multiple reasons for variaton in battery performance:

1) Not all batteries are created equal unfortunately. Some have a longer lifespan and perform better than others.

2) We all have different applications and services running on our phones.

3) We all are in different coverage areas. I've seen my battery get chewed up pretty quick when I am struggling to keep a 3g signal.

4) Some of us use our phones more extensively than others. I can easily get over 40 hours out of my Droid X with limited use, but if you rely heavily on your phone throughout the day, you need to adjust your expectations.

dcbelcher

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Possible Solution (Worked for Me)

I had the same problem with battery drain.

I ran the battery all the way down until it shut itself off, charged it over night, launched system recovery, cleared cache, did factory reset, charged it for another hour, and all is well. Much better.

From what I've researched, there is a battery use file that is created by the Droid X (maybe all Android Froyo?) that does not seem to convert well to Gingerbread. Doing the steps that I explain above resets the file to a fresh Gingerbread file and works better.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering the same thing. I did find the 1tap app for clearing my cache though.

blaidth

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
To launch system recovery you can from power off hold down home while pressing power- when droid appears press both volume buttons. use volume to move up down and use power to select item.
I know with D2 bootstrapper you can clear the battery file. Couldn't hurt to try i guess?

Dan0384

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
So those having the sync icon on all the time, does a factory reset fix this issue? I feel that's what's draining my battery as well. I've messed with all of the battery settings i can. I've also been religious on killing any unnecessary apps that are running and I'm looking at about a 35% decrease in battery life since Froyo. I had to do a factory reset after Froyo too because it didn't upgrade correctly and I had some minor issues. I REALLY don't want to reset but will if I have to

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech