forest live wallpaper? ?????

vhash47803

May 28, 2011
Visit site
actually that was the first thing i tried =) i also checked the amazon app store and could'n'tt find it. I believe I saw it in one of the numerous gingerbread threads with the info that it was an easter egg pulled from the x2 but I cant seem to find it again in the threads. My X is stock so im hoping there's a way to get the forest live wallpaper working without rooting it.

thanks V.

I finally found the link..but im pretty much a newb, says it has to be installed using bootstrap...

http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/...-5-596-release-thread-something-everyone.html

Last edited:

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Yea its a .zip that has to be flashed thru the bootstrap recovery mode. But cool, something new for me to try to install.....

Update - It works. Yet IDK how this is a live wallpaper when its just an image. There are settings to add your town for weather but....nothing.

20110601213810.jpg

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Update - It works. Yet IDK how this is a live wallpaper when its just an image. There are settings to add your town for weather but....nothing.

It has a 3d effect. The weather in the wallpaper changes according to the weather outside. For instance, this past weekend, it was raining where I live. When I would look at the phone, it would be raining in the wallpaper.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Ahhh I see. Well it was dark and clear outside when I made that post that is what made me think it was malfunctioning. I have a set of 3d glasses here somewhere...

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I updated to GB by SBF'ing back to stock Froyo and installing the rooted two-part GB. I tried installing the paper forest live wallpaper using the zip from MyDroidWorld (ForestFix.zip) and the Atrix 4G system dump (LiveWallps2.zip) by applying the zip files in recovery. I still don't have the option to select the wallpaper.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
All I did was download the file and flash it thru cwm recovery which u get to thru a bootstrapper(D2). it worked but it was late nite so i thought it wasnt anything special. screenshot few posts back

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
All I did was download the file and flash it thru cwm recovery which u get to thru a bootstrapper(D2). it worked but it was late nite so i thought it wasnt anything special. screenshot few posts back

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

To clarify, I did use the D2 bootstrapper. I wonder if the two-part rooted manual GB update isn't deodexed.

bor999

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I see. So if I flash the deodexed .596 over my current .596, will I need to do a factory reset? I've done 4 of them in the past 3 days and I'm tired of it lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2