GB Market

livezeyc

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
Happened to me when I manually updated. Took 24hrs to straighten itself out of I know its frustrating but be patient and it will sort itself out.

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks - I talked to vzw, apparently there are so many issues with GB that they told me they suggested people not upgrade till an update comes out in the next month or so

Last edited:

livezeyc

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
Ill be honest, the problem I've had so far with GB was the market. Other than that its a substantial upgrade that works flawlessly for me.

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Everything works excellent for me as well, with the exception of the wifi issue, this damn blue to white and white to blue signal issue, and no one at vzw nor motorolla can tell me what it's for

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Everything works excellent for me as well, with the exception of the wifi issue, this damn blue to white and white to blue signal issue, and no one at vzw nor motorolla can tell me what it's for

Thats your device connecting back to it's connection. White means not connected/connecting, alter-color means connected to it(blue for GB, yellow for Liberty etc). I use Juice Defender which stops data syncing/connections until I bring it back to awake based on my settings. My signal bars lose their color until they re-connect or start syncing again.

spacecasespiff

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
I think if it has so many issues it would not have been released. If there was a lot of issues there would be the same for everyone. not saying that there isn't any just saying that I think it just comes down to your own phone. Some phones react differently . Same thing when running roms some have issues and some don't.

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Idk if that's the case, i've heard that it's a syncing feature. In all honesty, If the wifi is not changing white to blue i'm good. if it's stable white, it works, if it's stable blue it works, it's when it decides to keep flipping that it's messing up. Does anyone know if it eventually goes away, i mean, does it have to sync constanlty geesh.

SouthernSaltine

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
if your getting the Unsuccessful message when trying to download from the market, i had to dial *228 then press 2 to update roaming... I had to do this several times to finally get it to work properly.

bgaumond

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I am also having the same problem with market apps. Weird thing is I can buy an app and it will download but I get that message with Free apps and purchased apps. Also if restore and use a different account the market works fine. Seems like its something on the Google market account side of it.

SouthernSaltine

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I also read that if you log on to google from your desktop and change your password then try to download from the market it prompts you to enter your password and a robot test. After that's done, change your password back repeat and your fixed..

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried the *228 and used option 1 and 2? I don't have an X, but I'm working on updating a friend's to GB. Anyway, after flashing custom ROMS on my phone, I always do *228 option 1 (reboot) and then *228 option 2 (reboot). It may not help, but it's worth a shot, IMO.

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone tried the *228 and used option 1 and 2? I don't have an X, but I'm working on updating a friend's to GB. Anyway, after flashing custom ROMS on my phone, I always do *228 option 1 (reboot) and then *228 option 2 (reboot). It may not help, but it's worth a shot, IMO.

Yes I have done master reset and *228 and been on the phone with both motorola and vzw. I narrowed the issue down to background data, which of ourse is needed for the market and google services. However when I uncheck background data it works perfectly. The only hitch, I can't access the market at all at that point. Vzw decided it was an error with the software update and is looking into my replacement options.

The tect today told me that they were advising people not to accept the update because they have been flooded with calls about problems people are having,

bgaumond

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Well, Mine started working again. Looks like for me I just had to wait it out until it worked again. Did anyone else that had issues get it resolved?

scottabutler

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if I am just one of the lucky ones, but I updated my wife's and my phone OTA and we haven't had a single problem. Is the OTA more stable or is this just a "we've screwed with our phone less" thing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy