Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Contact Storage Question

I just got the OTA GB push today and I have a question about the Contact storage settings.

Under Contacts / Menu / More / Settings / Contact Storage, there the following options:

• Google (my email address)
    • Backup Assistant (Phone)
    • Phone-only, unsynced (my email address)

Backup Assistant was set by default after the update, but the Google option sounds more appropriate to me. I would like my Google account in the cloud to contain the master list of my contacts so that any time I make a change, addition, or deletion on my phone that change is updated to the Cloud.

Which option is correct?

Thanks!

I prefer Google for the same reasons you stated. I don't even use Backup assistant.

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts

Default Re: Contact Storage Question

is there a way to get rid of back up assistant?
    Under contacts for example my mom... shes got google, back up assistant and facebook saved in my phone. Is there a way to get rid of the b-u assistant?? and if so how do i make sure all my contacts are synced with google?

Default Re: Contact Storage Question

Quote Originally Posted by robocp4 View Post
    is there a way to get rid of back up assistant?
    Under contacts for example my mom... shes got google, back up assistant and facebook saved in my phone. Is there a way to get rid of the b-u assistant?? and if so how do i make sure all my contacts are synced with google?
    You can disable BA by going to Settings / Programs / Manage Programs / All Tabs / Sync Storage / Clear Data and after you do this if you are rooted you cab use Titanium Backup and freeze the BA app to disable it all together.