After Gingerbread Update: Text Message Not Sent and Keyboard Lagging?

soccerplayer

May 11, 2011
Visit site
After updating to gingerbread I've noticed that I've been getting the "text message not sent" a lot. Is this happening to anyone else?

And on a side note, I noticed that the keyboard is lagging a bit on gingerbread every now and then. Anyone else experiencing the lagging at all?

Last edited:

nrt757

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
This has been happening to me also. I have sms delivery reports on and it shows all of my sent messages as failed. The problem is that some actually go thru but it still labels them as failed.

mluihn

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Right now I am have a texting problem with one number where it will not go through, Text messages not sent. I texted others and they went through, I'm using Ginger Bread.:confused:

Dostovel

Jul 15, 2010
www.facebook.com
This has been happening to me also. I have sms delivery reports on and it shows all of my sent messages as failed. The problem is that some actually go thru but it still labels them as failed.

I had this same problem with the last Froyo OTA and I had to do a system restore that fixed the issue... there was no other option :(

knmfaust

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I was also getting the text messages not sent on gingerbread. I uninstalled a few apps and no more problems (so far) . the weather channel app, call filter , and the other was a free 1 on amazon but cant remember which one it was. I also had the same problem with FROYO and the weather channel app,

budarydachas

May 18, 2011
Visit site
after the update i got a problem with the phone randomly shutting off and not being able to turn back on unless i do a battery pull. this has happend three times and each time i was using google music beta. dont know if theres a direct correlation but it never did that with froyo.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
To resolve keyboard lag just disable vibration under Settings / Language and Keyboard / Multi-Touch Keyboard / Uncheck Vibrate on Keypress..

Reactions: highjakker

Dostovel

Jul 15, 2010
www.facebook.com
To resolve keyboard lag just disable vibration under Settings / Language and Keyboard / Multi-Touch Keyboard / Uncheck Vibrate on Keypress..

Or get Mr. Lim's GB Keyboard in the market. It's fixed my lag and other miscellaneous keyboard issues... I'll never go back!

Wicket

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
is it possible to just wipe the Cache/Dalvik cache instead of doing a full factory reset? maybe that could fix some of the issues y'all are having without having to start from scratch.. it seems to me that devs suggest to do that when updating their roms so makes sense that it could be helpful here too.

mluihn

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
On the text not sending, I had some that went through and some that did not, I found the ones that would not send had a ''1'' in front of their number. When I removed the ''1'' it would send with no problem.

Reactions: scottabutler

micl9

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
me too on the "1"
For me it was actually the "+1" as I am a looooooong time GSMer
So Pretty much all my contacts have the +1 and removing was not an option.
My solution was to use a 3rd party SMS program, using Handcent

radef

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I found that on all Gingerbread leaks that GoSMS reported delivery failures, but the stock app showed they went through just fine.

Based on what I experienced, I think it may be a third party thing with Gingerbread.

Jlgrove85

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Post Gingerbread Complications

I've had a few problems since my device (Droid X) received the Gingerbread update, most of which have already worked out. The first problem was on screen keyboard lagging. Later that day, I received 'text not sent' messages when trying to send out texts. Strangely, this was only to one person, other texts to different people went through fine, as did all picture messages. I also had a couple random reboots. All of this has stopped. I have noticed, however, that the camera lags really bad, and the delay after clicking from when the photo is captured is much slower than pre-gingerbread. I haven't be able to work that out yet.

mlynchmob16

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I have had a couple issues with messages not sending but when I resend the message it works fine.

One problem I have is that I am receiving text messages that were only sent once three times. It will receive two of same message, then when I reply it receives another copy of same message. It is really getting annoying, and I asked a few of my friends and they all said they only sent the messages once. I never had this problem on 2.2.

Other than that I really dig the blue theme and the way to exit out of single notifications at a time instead of just clear all.

grnsl2

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I found that on all Gingerbread leaks that GoSMS reported delivery failures, but the stock app showed they went through just fine.

Based on what I experienced, I think it may be a third party thing with Gingerbread.

+1 I am having the same situation. I figure that a GO update should help at some point.

Sturta

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
after the update i got a problem with the phone randomly shutting off and not being able to turn back on unless i do a battery pull. this has happend three times and each time i was using google music beta. dont know if theres a direct correlation but it never did that with froyo.

I was listening to the music player yesterday, and had 3 random reboots. I dodn't have to battery pull, but it was ONLY when I was using the music player. Interesting.

Lemodular

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Using the stock messaging app, I have had 2 failed deliveries but 1 auto-resent and went through since updated to .596 (out of about +/- 30 txts). I do not have any keyboard lag.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance