call ended 00:00

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
After the GB update, 3 times i have had to reboot for this. I dial a number andit ends immediately. Reboot and it is fine.

Any fixes?

My wife's X has had the same problem. Only had to reboot once so far. Already did factory reset. I haven't had this problem with my X yet. I've looked online and I haven't found anything about it yet. Will keep looking though.

CypherMax

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
My friends X has done this and he rebooted and hasn't happened since. Haven't had it happen to mine yet. Looks like a GB bug that needs to be fixed.

markstanco#CB

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
My wife's X has had the same problem. Only had to reboot once so far. Already did factory reset. I haven't had this problem with my X yet. I've looked online and I haven't found anything about it yet. Will keep looking though.

Factory reset? Sheesh...I dont want to do that.

tapatalkin' while driving fast in heavy traffic

ndwatkins

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Also happened to me! So annoying. Didn't happen to me on any of the other leaks, though. I did a factory reset and it has happened since (the factory reset was actually due to having to SBF because I goofed something up with a theme, but either way, hasn't happened). I swear, I cannot WAIT for Apex. I know some problems are inherent in Gingerbread, but I never have any of these problems with a custom ROM. Every time a new leak comes out (even though this is the official release) I am astounded by the fact that Motorola has a ton of software engineers working for them and still somehow release something that is broken, and one awesome developer who has a regular 9-5 can release something amazing and he doesn't even get paid for it, and it has less bugs than the corporate version. Guess I shouldn't be so surprised :)

Good luck though!

CypherMax

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I did a full sbf and factory reset before installimg the GB OTA haven't had any issues at all "knock on wood".

jbrown1114

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
This happened with my X yesterday. I was in an area with poor network coverage, and the phone was showing a weak network connection. Upon trying to place a call, the phone was unable to connectwas apparently unable to connect, causing the 00:00 call length. I tried hibernating it to reinitilize the connection. After that filed I restarted the phone, and was able to get a stable enough connection to get my call through. No problems since then.

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
This happens to me occasionally. After some experimenting I believe (possibly wrong about this though) that it has something to do with WiFi, the night battery saver mode, or both. It only happens to me after extended periods of WiFi use or in the mornings when the battery saver mode turns the data connection back on.

draftpeppin

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm still having this problem and have been watching it over on Motorola's boards at https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/52111?start=195&tstart=0 . Seems to be after 24 hours of up-time, give or take a couple hours. I haven't tried leaving Wifi off all day to see if it makes a difference, but I have run into the problem both while connected to wifi and while away from any wifi networks (on highway) but with the wifi antenna turned on. It appears that incoming calls continue to work, but I need to test that a bit more.

richman10302

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I've had this issue with GB also..unrooted did a full reset/wipe still does it once in awhile now.as others say only fix is a phone restart

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

CypherMax

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
It happened to me today. On wifi with battery saver mode on to turn data off after 15 minutes. Found while it was happening I turned of wifi and found no 3G signal. I've noticed data sometimes doesn't turn on after waking phone when on battery saver mode. Thats happens more then the 00:00 call issue. Only a restart fixes the issue. I wonder if both these issues are related? Its annoying because I need my phone on battery saver to make it through the day. Hate having to restart it 3 times a day!

markstanco#CB

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
nothing new installed, and this has REALLY picked up this week. Texts wont go through and calls end at 00:00. Everyday since Saturday.

However, if you are having this issue here is a quick fix. Battery pull, let the phone sit idle for about 15 minutes. Do not touch it. Mine will self reset after about 7-10 minutes and another 5 minutes it is fine.

draftpeppin

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Mark,
Are you saying the battery pull fixes it permanently, or does this just make you all set for 24 hours? I shut down/reboot once every 24 hrs and that keeps me ok. But if I forget, I get the Call Ended 00:00 deal again. Got my battery pulled right now. We'll see if it fixes any of my Gingerbread issues.

markstanco#CB

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
no,not a permanant fix. Just a daily fix. If I pull the battery and have an email to send right away, I have about 5-10 minutes to send before it locks up.

However, if I dont have anything to send or any phone calls, I battery pull then just set the phone down for 15 minutes. That is usually good for the rest of the day.

I can typically see when it is happening, my 3G is not showing. This means no data so that is when I pull the battery.