Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Droid x txt messages

I am often getting two of the same exact messages since i have updated to gingerbread. Is any body else having this problem? If so, have you been able to fix it?

Global Posts
    343 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by psugrad97 View Post
    I am often getting two of the same exact messages since i have updated to gingerbread. Is any body else having this problem? If so, have you been able to fix it?
    Have you tried pulling the battery and holding the power button for 10 seconds, then restarting and dialing *228 option two?

I have had duplicate and even triplicate sms before, but usually from one person who is on t-mobile network. But it's never been a problem.

Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock GB 2.3.4

I don't do a lot of texting, but I have done a few since the GB update and I only got each one once.

No problems since the update for me.
    Droid X stock on Gingerbread for now

ROM
    Rooted Gingerbread!

I actually had that problem too, among a few other things that made me really happy Apex came out tonight. I have too many issues with stock. No problems since then though.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Default duplicate texts also

Same problem here. My notification tone also sounds two or three times (or part of it does) to go with each duplicate text. Kind of annoying...

Droid X, OTA GB, unrooted. Handcent SMS

Global Posts
    247 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gummy

Quote Originally Posted by Mayor of Simpleton View Post
    Same problem here. My notification tone also sounds two or three times (or part of it does) to go with each duplicate text. Kind of annoying...

Droid X, OTA GB, unrooted. Handcent SMS
    If you are using a third party sms app you need to turn off your stock notifications again since you updated. Go to the stock sms app/settings/ and turn off notifications. Your notifications will be controlled under the third party applications ie Handcent
    Thanked by:

the only problem textwise since my GB update is the fact that forwarding a text to multiple people...i can't seem to add more than one person at a time. there's no more contact window that drops down to select multiple people. anyone else?
    I didn't fight to get to the top of the food-chain to eat vegetables!!
    GO TARHEELS!!!

I get triple texts all the time. I have also got the same message 4 and 5 times. It happens relatively frequently. Pretty Annoying, might try that battery pull, *228 thing and see if it works. I am using stock launcher and messaging app btw.
    Last edited by mlynchmob16; 06-07-2011 at 10:39 PM.
    MacGyver Wannabe

I'm getting the same message up to six or seven times, sometimes multiple hours after first receiving it. Usually the first time I get it, I will get three or four copies at once and the notification tone will start and stop of few times before playing completely.

I am using Handcent. I disabled the notifications in the default SMS application.

I just tried the *228, option two thing. We'll see if that helps.
    BEACH BUM

ROM
    Stock : Rooted, Unlocked

Quote Originally Posted by WAldenIV View Post
    I'm getting the same message up to six or seven times, sometimes multiple hours after first receiving it. Usually the first time I get it, I will get three or four copies at once and the notification tone will start and stop of few times before playing completely.

I am using Handcent. I disabled the notifications in the default SMS application.

I just tried the *228, option two thing. We'll see if that helps.
    Try clearing the data for Handcent. Also, you might consider "wiping cache" if you have not done so yet.

Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock GB 2.3.4

TXT messaging on mine isn't threading properly. It's separating all of my txts to a person into a separate thread from their replies to me.