Fix for LED's

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Mine are working now. Handcent released an update that fixed text alerts. I don't know how or why K9 Mail started working again. GMail has worked since the update.

Do any of your LED notifications work?

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Probably its the one thing so many keep overlooking all users have their own option of installed apps and this could be why there is so many different outcomes. The best way to isolate the problem app is to exclude the possible problem items

ajmac

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
The problem is: When an email or sms is received, the screen wakes up and THAT is when the led's become inoperative. If you could keep the screen from waking up, the led's would work as designed.

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
The problem is: When an email or sms is received, the screen wakes up and THAT is when the led's become inoperative. If you could keep the screen from waking up, the led's would work as designed.

Not be an a$$, but you don't have an LED problem then, you have a screen wake problem. Can you change the alert settings in your email and SMS programs?

jaydubbs

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I did that...no luck. Is there a way to keep the screen from waking up when a call or SMS comes in?

I downloaded Light Flow to my wife's X this morning and found that it wouldn't work after I rebooted either and think I found out what the problem is. When you first open the app it asks you if you want to allow it in your Accessibility settings. Even if you do, you still have to go in there on your own and turn it on (it may be already checked so just uncheck it, then check it again). After doing this it worked flawlessly for her.

ajmac

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Not be an a$$, but you don't have an LED problem then, you have a screen wake problem. Can you change the alert settings in your email and SMS programs?

No problem, but I had NO issues with Froyo. This has all been since the update to GB.
Back in Froyo...when an email or sms came in, the screen would wake, stay on for 30 seconds then go to black but then the led's would flash. Now, as soon as the screen wakes, the led's fail to flash. In order to see if I have any missed calls, emails or texts, I have to wake the screen and look in the status bar for the icons. I don't know how else I can explain it any more clearer.

ajmac

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded Light Flow to my wife's X this morning and found that it wouldn't work after I rebooted either and think I found out what the problem is. When you first open the app it asks you if you want to allow it in your Accessibility settings. Even if you do, you still have to go in there on your own and turn it on (it may be already checked so just uncheck it, then check it again). After doing this it worked flawlessly for her.

Yes, I do have the accessibility box checked.

theMehi

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
My led's are bad too. Using chompsms where u can change the color of the led for each person.... Not working at all. Actually just the regular SMS won't get the led light up

Leseirf

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm using Maildroid and Handcent and my led seems to be working fine. Setting Handcent to not wake the screen solved the trouble. I have 4 email accounts coming into maildroid each with it's own color and all seem to work correctly.

The button lights on the other hand seem completely random!

Mike

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Sean McGinty

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I just posted a fix I found worked for me. Try to use handcent and set sms LED to slow blink. This was one of the steps I used to find the issue. The LED started to work a little for me when I did this. Find my post to see if it helps you.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca