new micro sdhc

Bold Addiction

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
hello android central!

long time reader first time posting. the 16gb micro sdhc i originally got is getting full and im looking towards upgrading to a 32gb sdhc. currently the 16gb sdhc is class 4 but i see class 10 micro sdhc's on the market. will the droid x take a class 10 sdhc?

thanks in advanced!

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
hello android central!

long time reader first time posting. the 16gb micro sdhc i originally got is getting full and im looking towards upgrading to a 32gb sdhc. currently the 16gb sdhc is class 4 but i see class 10 micro sdhc's on the market. will the droid x take a class 10 sdhc?

thanks in advanced!

From what I remember reading a number of users has reported the class 10 worked fine..

firefly2004

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Class 10

I'm using 16GB class 10 and it has no problems.

The class rating is just an indicator for the how fast it can be written and read from.

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
hello android central!

thanks in advanced!

Yes. The class rating is a speed rating, the card is supposed to meet read/wright access specs of "class 10" minimums. The only compatibility item in the specs you need to worry about is capacity. The X can handle a maximum of a 32GB card.

Genericmessage00

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Just be-careful! There is no standard or organization governing these "classes."

Its all marketing smoke and mirrors non-sense.

Make sure to check the ACTUAL speeds of it (both read AND write).

I cannot tell you how many suckers spent an extra $10-$30 for a "class 10" when they could get the same read and write speeds on a different brands "class 8"

This is coming from someone who wrote the marketing on a bit of this.

number13

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Just be-careful! There is no standard or organization governing these "classes."

I cannot tell you how many suckers spent an extra $10-$30 for a "class 10" when they could get the same read and write speeds on a different brands "class 8"

Class 8? No such animal. Better go back and correct the bit of marketing you did on this.

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

Take a look at FAQs - SD Association

From what else I know, the Speed Class is a minimum speed rating for the card, not an actual speed rating. SanDisk Ultra series cards, for example, almost always outperform their listed speed rating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol