any other keyboard options after Gingerbread update?

golabs

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Updated my Droid X with the GB release yesterday. I might not have done it if I had realized that they keyboard was changing - loved the original keyboard, larger and for me easier to press correct letters, etc. Is there anyway to get the old keyboard back? is there a way to make it bigger? it looks like the iphone keyboard to me, and that was one of the reasons that I did not get the iphone!

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
or Steve Lin's gingerbread keyboard. I know I mention it alot but it really is good. Grey on black, white letters, vibrate on key press is set just right.

Simonbarsinistr

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I use SlideIT, like swype but with more options. You can even make it any height you want. Plus in landscape you can draw numbers with your finger instead of switching to the numeric pad. It has a gesture pad on the left if you hit the "g" to the left of the space bar.

Sent from my DROIDX

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Updated my Droid X with the GB release yesterday. I might not have done it if I had realized that they keyboard was changing - loved the original keyboard, larger and for me easier to press correct letters, etc. Is there anyway to get the old keyboard back? is there a way to make it bigger? it looks like the iphone keyboard to me, and that was one of the reasons that I did not get the iphone!

+1 for Smart Keyboard Pro. One of the options is the ability to set the height of the keys.

Reactions: Lightninrod

Lightninrod

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Just tried the Smart Keyboard and what an improvement over the GB keyboard. After GB, my text would 'hide' when in Landscape mode. Now it's back to the original style only better.

bigsmoove

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
gonna try this Smart Keyboard. seems i keep hitting the 'b' key when i want to click the space bar in the GB keyboard. maybe just move my thumb farther would save me.