I'm so frustrated right now please help!!!

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Ok I having a real issue with my phone. First some of my apps have just disappeared from my phone and I didn't uninstall them. Go SMS being one. So I go to the market and guess what I can't download anything from the market. The apps that are missing are showing up as uninstalled on my phone but if I hit DL and try to accept the permission it does nothing!!! nothing will install either!!! Has anyone had this problem ANY SUGGESTION on fixing it!! I'm so frustrated right now!!!

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Try going to settings>applications>manage applications>all find the Market, select Clear Data. This doesn't remove any of your apps or info that Google has about the apps on your phone. You just have to re-accept the terms the first time you launch the Market after doing this. A battery pull would hurt either.

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Ok tried your suggestion. Now the market will not clear data it has been stuck on computing for over 30min now UUUUUUGGGGHHHHH!!!

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Do a battery pull, then:
Wipe "Cache": with phone powered off hold the power button and home keys until you see a triangle "!", then press the search key, then using the volume keys scroll down to "wipe cache partition", use the camera key to select yes, when finished, using the camera button select "reboot system now".

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Do a battery pull, then:
Wipe "Cache": with phone powered off hold the power button and home keys until you see a triangle "!", then press the search key, then using the volume keys scroll down to "wipe cache partition", use the camera key to select yes, when finished, using the camera button select "reboot system now".

Still hung on computing when trying to clear the market catch. Still can't download a anything!

maricopa1963

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Had a problem like this. I backed up my pics, bids and music to my laptop then I formated my sd card...... Perfecto!!!!! Then of course I had to re-download all my apps. Perfecto!

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
If you click on my "Basic Troubleshooting" there are suggestions for you to try, among them what "maricopa" suggested (most likely the source of your trouble).

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
If you click on my "Basic Troubleshooting" there are suggestions for you to try, among them what "maricopa" suggested (most likely the source of your trouble).

Where do i find "basic troubleshooting" and how do I back up my apps on the SD card cause I just transferred a lot of apps to the SD card using App2SD. How do I back up pics and other things!!

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Where do i find "basic troubleshooting" and how do I back up my apps on the SD card cause I just transferred a lot of apps to the SD card using App2SD. How do I back up pics and other things!!

It is below my signature. Anyhow, connect your X to a pc using the usb cable that was supplied with your phone. Create a folder on your desktop and name it "my backup". When your SD card shows up select all and move them to the folder you created on your desktop (my backup). Open that folder to make sure all your files are there. Then disconnect phone from PC. Now go to "settings" on your phone, then "SD Card" then select format SD card.

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
It is below my signature. Anyhow, connect your X to a pc using the usb cable that was supplied with your phone. Create a folder on your desktop and name it "my backup". When your SD card shows up select all and move them to the folder you created on your desktop (my backup). Open that folder to make sure all your files are there. Then disconnect phone from PC. Now go to "settings" on your phone, then "SD Card" then select format SD card.

Ok thank you Ricky you have been very helpful!! If I do this will this solve my downloading problem since I can't DL any apps at all. Also do I do the reverse to put the apps back on.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Ok thank you Ricky you have been very helpful!! If I do this will this solve my downloading problem since I can't DL any apps at all. Also do I do the reverse to put the apps back on.
Most likely. Yes reverse the process to move items back. I would suggest introducing items back one at a time.

Last edited:

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem, but none of the troubleshooting tips worked for me...my phone does not let me download ANYTHING still

I'm still in the same boat my self!! I wish I knew what happened and made it do this!! Or where my apps went!

jpr196

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Do a battery pull, then:

Hi Ricky,

Do you need to be rooted to use this method? I can get to the "!", but pressing the search key does nothing. I had to do a battery pull to get from the "!" screen.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Hi Ricky,

Do you need to be rooted to use this method? No, you do not have to be rooted. I can get to the "!", but pressing the search key does nothing. I had to do a battery pull to get from the "!" screen.
Are you on Froyo? This method is for Froyo, it is a little different for Gingerbread.