? about USB mass storagr??

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
When using USB MASS Storage shouldn't this allow you to see your SD card. When I connect to my computer I see removable storage but when I click on it it says "please insert a disk into removable disk J" Why I thought this was so that you can see your card but nothing shows up.

Now in PC mode I see the phone but copying files is so slow I can't take it. I just want to back up my card so I can re format my SD card. Any suggestions?

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like you are clicking the wrong drive or drive isn't mounted, the phone creates two drives.. The storage drive is usually the last drive letter.

If it looks like the UNMOUNTED panel its not mounted, pull down top status bar / USB Connection / USB Mass Storage

MOUNTED
attachment.php

UNMOUNTED
attachment.php

Last edited:

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
When using USB MASS Storage shouldn't this allow you to see your SD card. When I connect to my computer I see removable storage but when I click on it it says "please insert a disk into removable disk J" Why I thought this was so that you can see your card but nothing shows up.

Now in PC mode I see the phone but copying files is so slow I can't take it. I just want to back up my card so I can re format my SD card. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE

Ok yep it looks like the pic on the bottom even in USB mass storage mode It looks like the unmounted one. I took the card out and put it back in nothing. If I try to unmounted it from the setting menu it force closes!!View attachment 10522

Last edited:

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Try another usb on unit or give another power cord a try....

Also check the drivers manager on pc and make sure all drivers installed correctly..

aequitas28

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem.
I had to disable debugging, then connect as mass USB storage for me to be able to open the Removable disk, Otherwise it just said "please insert a disk into removable disk"

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem.
I had to disable debugging, then connect as mass USB storage for me to be able to open the Removable disk, Otherwise it just said "please insert a disk into removable disk"

Strange because I use debugging on all the time and haven't experience that..