Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jshakour
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.1.1 JB

Default Yahoo email not syncing today??

For some reason, all day today yahoo isnt syncing. I tried removing my account and starting over. I even tried using yahoo's own email app, neither are syncing. I keep getting the orange triangle all day.

Anyone else have this today??
    Current Set up: Black S3 on BoneStock v3.4

This is a on going problem that is believed to be caused due to Yahoo updating their server recently, a number of users have been reporting this situation... There isnt any solution reported yet..
    Samsung S3
    Time to feel the POWER...

Quote Originally Posted by wildman View Post
    This is a on going problem that is believed to be caused due to Yahoo updating their server recently, a number of users have been reporting this situation... There isnt any solution reported yet..
    Yeah, i had comcast and yahoo update recently and had problems with both synching. I have done the same, add/deleted the account, but it won't pull up any emails newer then 6/16 for me. it is amazing how much you come to rely on those things working and when they stop, it really messes you up. I was 2 hours early for a game becaue i didnt get the email it was delayed! very annoying!

Jennifer

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    ROM
    Affinity/Franco

I an issue where my Yahoo would sync the same 6 emails every 30 mins. I could not pull in any new ones and if I brought in old ones it would sync them every 30mins as well. This went on for a few days. In that time I added and deleted my account several times. Finally I got sick of it and called Verizon and they told me to use the Yahoo app. They told me it is a common problem. As Wildman said it has something to due with the servers. I have had no issues with the app and actually like it better than what I had before.

I was having problems too today. Deleted/re-added the account and it seems to be working now.

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

i deleted my yahoo account and i CANNOT readd it. I keep getting invalid username and/or password, but i can log in just fine on my pc.

but my yahoo account on my iPad works fine......HMMMMMM
    -JimmyD
    DDingle likes this.

ROM
    Liquid Smooth JB Beta 2

Yahell. Since 1994 they have been frustrating us with their programs.
    Yea, I'm still rockin' a Gnex. The signal strength/quality sucks, but hey, it's not two years old yet.

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

Default Re: Yahoo email not syncing today??

i was able to readd my account but no email will sync, is there anything new on this????
    -JimmyD

My droid x will not sync to my yahoo acount at least 2 times a week.

Quote Originally Posted by BleezyD View Post
    For some reason, all day today yahoo isnt syncing. I tried removing my account and starting over. I even tried using yahoo's own email app, neither are syncing. I keep getting the orange triangle all day.

Anyone else have this today??
    My yahoo email stopped synching yesterday. I have a myTouch G4 through t-mobile. Can't seem to find any help on yahoo. I am no longer able to recieve any email on my droid phone.

I have the same problem. I thought removed the email account would help, wrong, it still shows up in my managed accounts. Now it will not let me re-add my yahoo account. I wiped the cache on my Droid X. Other than a factor reset what should I do next?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyDroid View Post
    i deleted my yahoo account and i CANNOT readd it. I keep getting invalid username and/or password, but i can log in just fine on my pc.

but my yahoo account on my iPad works fine......HMMMMMM
    You're not the only one who can't re-apply

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

My Yahoo account has started sync again w/o me doing anything.

Interesting!
    -JimmyD

Global Posts
    945 Global Posts

Mine stopped on the Yahoo account I upgrade to he new Yahoo UI. Now tells me wrong User name / Password. I'm using K-9

I'm also having issues with Trillian getting locked out of yahoo for security reasons since about the same time I updated that yahoo account to the new UI...

Any thoughts?

Thumbs down Re: Yahoo email not syncing today??

Yep. Keeps saying user name and password is wrong but it works everywhere else. Very annoying. Worked great right up until it didn't.