How to get from 4.5.588 to 4.5.596?

Porac

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I've searched everywhere trying to figure out how to get from software version 4.5.588 to 4.5.596 but I can't seem to figure it out. I bought Droid 2 Bootstrapper but whenever I boot into recovery and try to select any option, the screen just goes black until I hit one of the phone's buttons. I ultimately have to remove the battery to get the phone to restart.

I'm new to this but from what I can gather, I have to .sbf my phone back to stock and get the OTA GB update. I don't care about keeping my root, all I want is to get to stock 4.5.596 and hope some of these bugs on my phone will go away.

Can anyway give me a step-by-step guide on how to get my phone from 4.5.588 to 4.5.596? Please?

Porac

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys, I was able to follow the video and get it to work. I tried Droid 2 Bootstrapper before but it would never execute any of the options tried to select. I uninstalled and reinstalled it and it worked fine.

Unfortunately, my LED notifications still don't work. I had this happen before and Verizon sent me a refurbed phone so I'm sure I'll take that path again.

Thanks again!

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Yeah if you didn't wipe data when you installed .596 then you may want to try wiping data before you take it to verizon.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys, I was able to follow the video and get it to work. I tried Droid 2 Bootstrapper before but it would never execute any of the options tried to select. I uninstalled and reinstalled it and it worked fine.

Unfortunately, my LED notifications still don't work. I had this happen before and Verizon sent me a refurbed phone so I'm sure I'll take that path again.

Thanks again!

Wiping cache and data usually resolve the lights, that not a device issue so a replacement isn't needed unless that what you want... Also if you installed rooted build I would install 4.5.596 SBF before sending back because rumors is they have been reacting to rooted devices coming in for service.

This does void warrenty...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member