1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock GB 2.3.4

Default Can't find my email account settings

I cannot seem to locate the account settings for the email accounts I have configured, not for my IMAP accounts nor my GMail account. Theoretically, I should see these in the Accounts settings app, right? Well, they're not there.

The last time I recall seeing them anywhere was when I set up the device initially back in February. I updated the firmware to Gingerbread when it was released on June 1.

I've re-located the settings for controlling when/how my IMAP accounts sync but not the server and login information, and similarly for GMail.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock GB 2.3.4

I stopped by a Verizon store today, and was told that this is not uncommon after upgrading to Gingerbread, and was advised to do a hard reset. I really do not want to lose the data in my applications.

I tried to "recreate" my email account in the Account settings, and it would not let me use the same name, saying it already exists - yet does not show it to me.

If I change the password on my email account on the server, will the email client in the Droid prompt me for the new password?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock GB 2.3.4

Default Re: Can't find my email account settings

Anybody use RerWare "My Backup Pro" to restore a Droid? Will it restore my application data properly? I am not rooted, so Titanium Backup is not an option.