1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New Issue with my Droid X GPS tonight

Since my GB update, the only problems I have noticed is a little more battery usage and the phone restarting itself when I try to turn it off. Now tonight when using my GPS navigation to get to a restaurant a few towns away, the vocal directions were correct, but halfway through the trip the Map stopped updating where the car was on the road. It's like the map just froze in one place. Still talked to me saying the directions to follow, but nothing moved on the map itself. I've used the GPS a couple times before while on GB and nothing like this ever happened. I'm hoping this is a one time thing, will have to check it tomorrow and see if it repeats this. Oh and I don't know if this matters or not, it was in my hand not in the Car dock I usually use in my car. Anyone have this problem before with their GPS Navigation?
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS / Stock

Default Re: New Issue with my Droid X GPS tonight

Sounds like it might be a data issue if the voice directions were at the right time but the map wasn't updating. Might also check to make sure there are no Google Maps updates that need to be installed.

I've also been having GPS issues after the gingerbread update. Here is what I posted earlier today on the DX GB thread:

Has anyone noticed any GPS problems in GB? I noticed that it takes longer to get a lock and doesn't keep that lock like it did before I updated. Basically what I mean here is that in Google Maps it seems like I spend more time with a blue circle around the arrow than just the arrow. This is important to me because I use an app for running (runkeeper). The idea of using my phone for this is much more appealing that spending the money on a GPS watch. Anyway, I just thought I would check to see if others were having this problem.

Has anyone else noticed any GPS issues?

I am having the same problem. Sometimes takes minutes for a lock. Used to be under ten seconds. This is just one of my problems I have seen since the update.

Quote Originally Posted by Lacarno View Post
    I've also been having GPS issues after the gingerbread update. Here is what I posted earlier today on the DX GB thread:

Has anyone noticed any GPS problems in GB? I noticed that it takes longer to get a lock and doesn't keep that lock like it did before I updated. Basically what I mean here is that in Google Maps it seems like I spend more time with a blue circle around the arrow than just the arrow. This is important to me because I use an app for running (runkeeper). The idea of using my phone for this is much more appealing that spending the money on a GPS watch. Anyway, I just thought I would check to see if others were having this problem.

Has anyone else noticed any GPS issues?

Anyone? Any updates on this problem? I can't even get my RunKeeper GPS to get a signal anymore...sucks!!! Help!

Try downloading gpstest (free app). After launching, go to settings and click the Update AGPS button at the top right side of the screen.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/

Reason #10 as to why I'm still running Froyo.