Wifi issue

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I want to know how many others are experiencing wifi connectivity issues with their X's.

I can connect to my wifi but only for so long. I originally thought it was tied to time and would drop of randomly after a few minutes but I figured out today that is not the case. I tried downloading madden 11 that came with the GB update and found that every time I hit 27 mb it drops the wifi connection. All other wifi devices connected to my router work fine. I have connected with push button method and by manually entering in the router password. It was fine on froyo. Verizon wants to send me a certified like new replacement but this particular device is fine with the exception of the now defunct wifi. It is a non rooted gb. I have had issues in the past when I received bad replacements, and I do not want to go through redownloading and resetting all my stuff on my phone. Also, I'm tired of losing my angry birds progress over and over. The other kicker is I have a screen protector from best buy that I had the mobile guys install and I dont want to pay for that again either. Verizon said no one else has reported this at all but I know I can't be the only one. I did have to sbf my phone with the stock GB because when I bought this phone through third party, the ass forgot to mention he had put a leak on the phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Did everything in that thread already. Plus I use a g router. Argh so aggravating. Im irritated now because verizon is denying knowledge of any of this....

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

nlitenme

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't have the same exact problem as you, but I do have a major wifi problem (that can be found all over the web). I can connect to a router/access point, but the moment I try to send or receive any data it disconnects. I've tried every solution mentioned that I could find & no go. VZW tech support admitted to knowing about the (common) problem, but offered no help.

Now I'm stuck with a phone that worked just fine with Froyo, but has NO wifi with Gingerbread.