How to reinstall apps+odex to /system/apps?

MunkinDrunky

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I was removing bloat by moving the unwanted apps and their odex files to a removed bloat folder on my sd card. I moved (hence uninstalled) the BlurGallery.apk and BlurGallery.odex but now would like to reinstall them. But simply cuting and pasting back into /system/app doesnt reinstall. This procedure worked fine for me before with my fascinate. Is there a problem with moving the dx2 odex files? The root explorer im using did give me r/w and ive tired rebooting with the apps back in thier origional place...still no go

how can I reinstall system apps & odexes that ive moved but not deleted?

MunkinDrunky

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
So Ive just been playing around with the DX2 a lot and i figured out what i need to do for the odexed apps but for some reason the app only files wont reinstall properly, they look as if they are reinstalled but i cannot open then without a force close.. . but anyway here's what i tried, hopefully it works every time.

I was checking the "file mode" as it is called in super manager, on the odex files that i never moved from /system/app folder and they are all set to Owner: Read, Write ; Group: Read; Other: Read. To do this in super manager just select odex then hit the 777 menu button and voila. I moved the disabled apps+odexes back, but only changed the odexes back to this file mode. From here i tried to just install the app but no go, you must reboot for the install to take hold and be registered as a system app once more.

However apps that have no odex are not reinstalling for me, huh I guess ill figure it out....