2.3.5 Rooted, bloatware renamed but far from gone

EgnerFamily

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I have now a rooted 2.3.5 X2. Great! I renamed the bloatware as per the sticky DX2:Apps That Are Safe To Remove. My first clue that somthing was off was that a lot of the apk files had changed names, some weren't there at all. No problem. I figured out which ones to name appname.apk.old

Problem: All the apk's in system/apps that were renamed are still in my app drawer and run just like they did before? What do I need to do now? I will go through and take off the .old extension, but what can I do to remove this crap?

Thanks,
:confused:

jaredw444

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Download a file explorer. Go to system/apps and delete them manually. I don't get why you would go thru all that trouble to make an app inop. Just delete em. Or if you wanna save em move them to your SD card and save them to your computer

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

EgnerFamily

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Download a file explorer. Go to system/apps and delete them manually. I don't get why you would go thru all that trouble to make an app inop. Just delete em. Or if you wanna save em move them to your SD card and save them to your computer

Thanks for your reply. I don't have my USB cable with me so I was unable to move the apk to my computer just yet, I did however move it to my sd card and out of [root]/system/apps. I started with blockbuster. I rebooted the phone and blockbuster still loads. There must be a backup of these apk's or I'm moving them out of the wrong directory or somthing. Something is going on here. I am working with a root enabled file manager and working in the /system/apps folder. There must be some tamper proofing going on here. Anyone know how to work around this. I'm on X2 with Android Version 2.3.5 on Verizon.

None of my bloatware apps have responded to being renamed *.old as suggested in the sticky.

jaredw444

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Hmm. You said root/system/apps...... I'd move em all on to a computer( copying them there, not just moving them) and then actually delete the bloatware of your SD card, system/apps and I guess if I'm reading yours right root/system/apps. Other than that idk.......

EgnerFamily

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Well, there's no folder called root, it's just /system/apps

I only meant to reinforce the fact that I was in the /system folder, ie cant go any further back.

I will try to delete the apks off the phone later, I'll search the phone for any copies as well. argh

jaredw444

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Got ya, My phone has a root folder but nothings in it, didn't know if they did on your phone. Good luck

Reactions: EgnerFamily

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza