problem with cm10 installation

dberryann

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Have tried to install cm10 several times, keep getting this error. any help available??

Set_perm: some changes failed
E:Error in/sdcard/cm-10=20121007-UNOFFICIAL-daytona.zip
(Status 7) Installation Aborted

MunkinDrunky

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Are you coming from an aosp rom? Im not any kind of expert, in fact I can only guess if you don't have the patched bootstrap recovery for aosp you might have problems.

bregga

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I always sbf back to 2.3.4 before installing a cm 10 rom on mine and have not had any problems.
If you need help sbf'ing your phone let us know we can point ya to the how to's.

Last edited:

Brandon Lowry

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I tried running the cm10 installation and it succeed but when it comes up the keyboard(AOSP) keeps crashing so i don't have a keyboard so i cant log in to Google or Google play so i can't install any apps. I can't get the cm7 recovery loaded because i have no keyboard. Any Suggestions?

AndroidAgency

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
noob here... Okay I have my droid x2 rooted (verified through root checker), I have bootstrap cwm installed and have wiped all cache. Correct me if I'm wrong but now I have to unlock the bootloader.. right? So I'm using the Motorola website to unlock. Already have the device drivers installed and the Android SDK. The phone is in fastboot mode and I changed the directory path in my command window but now when I input the " $ fastboot oem get_unlock_data " I get a message " '$' is not a recognize internal or external command... [something,something]... aborting". Trouble shooting I have changed the 'environment variables' path in the 'advanced system settings' to the same directory where the SDK was installed. Still have same problem.

Also.. without unlocking and trying to flash I get the (Status 7) aborting message.

Here are the links I've been using:
[ROM] [JB] CyanogenMod 10
https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/standalone/bootloader/unlock-your-device-b

Thank you.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt