Gmail notifications not working

actrambley21

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I haven't been getting Gmail notifications for the past few days on my Droid X2. Also, the phone doesn't seem to be running 3G functions when the phone is in idle mode.

Any ideas on what the issue might be?

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
more than likely, either background data syncing is turned off on your phone, or your battery preset is one that doesnt allow background syncing.

actrambley21

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
No, I have the battery on performance mode and background data enabled. I can't figure out what the problem is, because it just stopped working all of a sudden, as opposed to me making a big change in the phone itself (in terms of installed programs or settings).

myriad46

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
It's funny, I've been having problems with GMail syncing the past couple days also. Online access has been fluky as well. I think it's behind the scenes stuff with their conversions and Google+ action going on. In the short term, go into your gmail account in settings, uncheck Gmail. Hit menu and Sync Now. Let it finish. Re-check gmail and do it again. That seemed to fix it for me this morning.

Reactions: actrambley21

actrambley21

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I tried it and it seems to be working for the time being. I think you're right though, Gmail must be having syncing problems because my phone told me that it was having issues automatically syncing my accounts.

jm013

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Yep my auto sync somehow was turned off by itself. Since turning it back gone gmail has not been syncing.