Droid X2 Turns Off/ doesnt come out of standby

killianss

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I had a droid X for over a year, unfortunately I dropped it in the water and got this Droid X2 using the insurance.

This droid X2 has been great except for one annoying repeating issue. This phone basically turns its self off randomly. Does it about 1 to 3 times a day.

Ive pulled it out of my pocket and its off, left it on a counter and g\came back to it and saw it was off. All sorts of scenarios all of which involve the phone screen being off.

Now I have tried everything and from what I understand from the Verizon Tech that its a known issue and that I should try widget locker or wait untill 2.3 for it to be resolved. This would be idea except widget locker is a 1.99$ app. The only way I can get the phone to come back is to do a battery pull and it will boot right up.

I would just like to add i have tried with or without ATK or Launcher Pro.

Has anyone ever seen this issue, any ideas on what I can o to resolve this. The Verizon rep also said if I get a new phone that there is a good chance that it would do the same thing.

I really loved my Droid X I would get uptime of 30+ days with it! I just need that kind of stability again.

lehman44

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I had a droid X for over a year, unfortunately I dropped it in the water and got this Droid X2 using the insurance.

This droid X2 has been great except for one annoying repeating issue. This phone basically turns its self off randomly. Does it about 1 to 3 times a day.

Ive pulled it out of my pocket and its off, left it on a counter and g\came back to it and saw it was off. All sorts of scenarios all of which involve the phone screen being off.

Now I have tried everything and from what I understand from the Verizon Tech that its a known issue and that I should try widget locker or wait untill 2.3 for it to be resolved. This would be idea except widget locker is a 1.99$ app. The only way I can get the phone to come back is to do a battery pull and it will boot right up.

I would just like to add i have tried with or without ATK or Launcher Pro.

Has anyone ever seen this issue, any ideas on what I can o to resolve this. The Verizon rep also said if I get a new phone that there is a good chance that it would do the same thing.

I really loved my Droid X I would get uptime of 30+ days with it! I just need that kind of stability again.
I have noticed this also. This morning when I finally woke up I noticed my green led light flashing, I attempted to unlock the phone but the screen would not turn on. I had to do a battery pull to the phone to get it working.

I had this same issue a few weeks ago. I thought i fixed the problem by getting rid of apps that I would use occasionaly. I thought the problem was fixed as it has not happened for a while. I guess they were not the problem. Now the only similarity I can find is my use of the alarm clock..

killianss

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed this also. This morning when I finally woke up I noticed my green led light flashing, I attempted to unlock the phone but the screen would not turn on. I had to do a battery pull to the phone to get it working.

I had this same issue a few weeks ago. I thought i fixed the problem by getting rid of apps that I would use occasionaly. I thought the problem was fixed as it has not happened for a while. I guess they were not the problem. Now the only similarity I can find is my use of the alarm clock..

Yeah seems like it's always when u go to unlock. Is there a display or sleep mode cache we can clear on these?

Kegman

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
i got the x2 the same way you did and I really wish i never dropped it in the water. it was actually faster and less laggy than this pos x2

gschoelles

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
So far I have found that WiFi and Blue Tooth errors, car charger combined with case temperature and Skype have caused an increase to these issues.

Also I find that if I don't use a battery pull and at least two consecutive reboots after a freeze or anomalies reboot, the problem continues its frequency.

Kegman

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
i dont use skype so independantly not causing the issue alone.

2 consecutive reboots shoudlnt' do anything that 1 reboot doesn't

bur99

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Just picked up the Droid X2 yesterday after my OG Droid had its last day. Love the phone for the most part, and everything was working great all day with it.

Problem is, when I plugged the phone into the charger last night something happened. Woke up this morning and the green LED was lit, but phone would not wake up. Had to pull battery and reset, noticing that it was fully charged on reboot. I was listening to a podcast through Listen last night and noticed that it stopped around the time that I would think the phone would get back up to a full charge.

I'll be returning this if it continues as I use my phone as an alarm almost every day.

killianss

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Just picked up the Droid X2 yesterday after my OG Droid had its last day. Love the phone for the most part, and everything was working great all day with it.

Problem is, when I plugged the phone into the charger last night something happened. Woke up this morning and the green LED was lit, but phone would not wake up. Had to pull battery and reset, noticing that it was fully charged on reboot. I was listening to a podcast through Listen last night and noticed that it stopped around the time that I would think the phone would get back up to a full charge.

I'll be returning this if it continues as I use my phone as an alarm almost every day.

Well today was the last straw lol. I use the phone as an alarm. It was plugged in and charging last night. This morning I got up and looked and my phone did the same thing. It was off, when I call it it just rings(you cant hear it). And the display wouldnt come back so once again i had to do a battery pull to get it back on. I called asurion and they are sending me another phone. I hope when I get the new one(tuesday) it stays on for days! LOL

wojotiger

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone found a fix for this issue? I am having the same issue and this is a problem considering I use my phone as my alarm clock, already was late to work because of it! Any help would be much appreciated.

killianss

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Still powers off a month later

Well guys it looks like gingerbread did not fix this issue at all. Now this time it happens when the phone is charging. Basically over the last 2 weeks i have been late to work because my phone is off in the morning.

All I do is put it on the charger at night. It charges then I wake up and the phone is off!!. This is terrible.

The only way to get it back is to unplug it from the charger and do a battery pull.

ive found a similar issue here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=17103239

Losing faith in moto now :(

If anyone find a fix please let me know, this is the second droid x2 that i have had with issues shutting off

Last edited:

johncihak

Banned
Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
Same problem here. My fix will be to switch to HTC or Samsung. Moto ruined both my DX and DX2 with the GB update.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

Mister smith 119

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I've had this x2 two months now and had this problem with froto but not with gingerbread. It did it while the radio was on. I though it was a hardware problem.

johncihak

Banned
Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I may have found a fix for this. After factory resets, rooting and freezing apps, deleting apps and eliminating live wallpaper nothing worked - the DX2 still froze every day or 2. Then I changed the Battery Mode from Nighttime saver to Performance Mode - its been running 84 hours without a reboot or lock-up, a record for me.

Kegman

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
well i usually run performance mode unless i forget to change it back when my battery is dying. have not had this problem for some time now. dont know if that was the fix or not. i know i made them send me a new phone too. didn't fix everything but a few things.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad