bbEvolution

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
WHY?

1- We needed ROOT and we got it.
2- We needed a way back and we got an SBF to flash.
3- Now we can't ROM because there are none, can't overclock because there is no Kernel, can't even take advantage of the Dual Core because There is no GINGERBREAD, WTF!!!!
4- Did we UPGRADE or DOWNGRADE?

Where are all of these GREAT MINDS, the ones that FREE us from the Carriers and Manufacturers who play with us continually, WHY aren't they stepping up like they have in the past, WHY?:confused::mad::eek:

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
to be frank, because the X2 isnt likely to be a widely adopted device, and the guys who do all this magic stuff have a lot of devices with more "customers" that need their attention.

that being said, if you guys want roms, be vocal to the people who can make it happen!

bbEvolution

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
to be frank, because the X2 isnt likely to be a widely adopted device, and the guys who do all this magic stuff have a lot of devices with more "customers" that need their attention.

that being said, if you guys want roms, be vocal to the people who can make it happen!

Appreciate your response, and I wonder if you can point all of us in the right direction. Who exactly do we need to contact!!! Are these developers compensated financially by their "Customers" for their work, or are they just performing their "Magic" Pro Bonn o. I suggest that all of us form a Cooperative lets say "X2 Owners of America" and hire a Developer to "Cook ROMS" for us. Money Talks and Bulls--t walks. We need to get together to make this happen, lets see how many of you have the guts to stand up and be heard, That's right "STAND UP and BE HEARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I agree, as mentioned in a previous thread before it was hijacked...voice your displeasure.
I sent emails to VZ and Moto and I know for certain they all monitor this site as well as others.

bbEvolution

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I agree, as mentioned in a previous thread before it was hijacked...voice your displeasure.
I sent emails to VZ and Moto and I know for certain they all monitor this site as well as others.
What are you looking for exactly? Is it simply GB, or are you interested in getting the most out of your X2? If its the latter then I doubt VZ or Motorola gives a damn!!!

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Good question, I am looking for GB.
I had the X with leaked GB and it ran very well. Felt the X2 with dual core and GB would be faster.
Instead it's a bit "herky jerky". If I would have known that GB was actually indefinite I would not have sold my X with GB.
When I bought the X2 I was assured that GB would be available before the end of June. My purchase decision was based on what I was told.

Some here have come down on me for making an issue of this and I truly do not understand why.
If I make a purchase based on information from the seller and it is not what they say, should I not be upset? Some have said do not trust what VZ says?? Well if this is the case, who do you trust when dealing with them?

What are you looking for exactly? Is it simply GB, or are you interested in getting the most out of your X2? If its the latter then I doubt VZ or Motorola gives a damn!!!

bbEvolution

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Not sure you really answered my question, or maybe I need to word it differently!!!

1- Are you thinking that GB alone will solve your problem?

2- Or forget GB for now and Bribe the Developers to produce ROMS for Froyo. Dont know if your ROOTED but i am and think that a Custom ROM can do more for us than GB can.

3- Would you be willing to pay to end your pain, doesn't really matter what drug it is as long as it works.

bbEvolution

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Not sure you really answered my question, or maybe I need to word it differently!!!

2- Or forget GB for now and Bribe the Developers to produce ROMS for Froyo. Dont know if your ROOTED but i am and think that a Custom ROM can do more for us than GB can.

3- Would you be willing to pay to end your pain, doesn't really matter what drug it is as long as it works.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
1. I am thinking that GB will solve the little issues that I have.
2. I am not rooted, not sure that is a good direction for my skill set.
3. At this point a refund (which VZ will not do), changing my upgrade date back or a GB update would be acceptable.
Now suppose the GB update causes more problems than resolves...my head might explode.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
gingerbread will happen eventually, when verizon is good and ready to release it.

if you guys want custom roms though (which is something completely different), you should be voicing it to the rom devs, not verizon and motorola. guys like p3droid, fabulous , and kejar were among the more well known people that did rom work on the original droid x, and would most likely be the ones to do work on the dx2. a lot of the development community have turned their back on motorola phones after moto decided to encrypt the bootloaders on their android phones (which makes it tougher to run true custom roms), but there are some out there willing to deal with it to give us the ability to run what we want on our phones. plus, if the cyanogen team was able to get cyanogenmod running on the DX and droid 2 (long thought to be impossible), they can probably do it on the DX2 if the demand is out there

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae