1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry When put on dock, ringtone starts playing

Big Red sent me an X2 to replace my X that gave me nothing but problems after the GB update. It's been 2 days and I'm ready to toss it out a window!

My biggest problem is that when I put it on the dock to recharge at night, it starts playing a ringtone. It will NOT stop unless I pull down the notification bar. There is nothing but the home dock icon showing there. Then, about 34 minutes later, the ringtone starts again and I again have to pull down the Not bar. Then about 41 minutes later it does it again.

Does anyone know what the problem is? Your help will save my bedroom window from become an exit for the X2!

Thanks,
    JR

Default Re: When put on dock, ringtone starts playing

What are your sound settings set at? Do you have any notifications set? Full battery, roaming tone, software update or a reminder for a text or email?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by BigCrisco39 View Post
    What are your sound settings set at? Do you have any notifications set? Full battery, roaming tone, software update or a reminder for a text or email?
    Only text notifications, no others. The ringtone that plays is not the one for texts.

I have the same problem, I think there is compatibility issue with the X2 and the dock.

What if you just plug in the phone with out a dock?
    What ringtone? Normal ringtone, contact ringtone our just a random ringtone?
    No apps like Tasker or AutomateIt?

I have this same issues, because if it I have stopped using the dock..
    15 Years of Verizon Contracts

Audiovox 405 -> Kyocerya 2035 -> Kyocera 3035 -> Nokia 3589i -> Nokia 6256i -> LG EnV2 -> LG Dare -> LG Versa -> Droid OG -> Droid X2>Samsung Galaxy S4

I've been using timeriffic, which I used on my OG droid, since the first day I got my X2. It mutes notifications at night. I never even realized there was a problem with the dock until i put it on there in the middle of the day one time. The app can change any settings for data, syncing, vibration and ringer on any schedule. Works great.
    Verizon Moto X - Stock
    What does this button d

When I put the X2 in the dock, the default ringtone plays twice, then it is quiet. There are no settings for the dock mode other than brightness that i can find.