Coming from Fascinate to DX2.

adellc3

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
So, I'm getting a DX2 in the mail sometime around Monday as a replacement for my samsung fascinate. I see that there is little to no hacks and stuff on this forum, unlike the fascinate forums, but that's okay. It takes time for that stuff to work. Anyway, is anyone else coming from a fascinate? Even if you're not, what were your first impressions on this device? I want to know what to expect when I get it. Lol.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

RogueRacer

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I switched one week ago (only had the Fascinate for a week). My impressions coming from the Fascinate is that the screen looks kind of crappy and washed out on the X2. Also, while the UI provides almost the exact same functionality, it's not nearly as polished looking. On the plus side, the mic on the X2 blows away the Fascinate, which has no noise canceling. The reception is also somewhat better on the X2 than the Fascinate, although still not as good as my old Moto RAZR.

I made the switch because while I loved the "smart" portion of the Fascinate, the "phone" portion sucked in the backwoods areas where I have to drive and work. The X2 loses points on the "smart" side of things, but is definitely a better "phone".

adellc3

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
One thing I noticed was that it had good signal until I tried to call someone. And it always says I have full bars, even when I really don't. Anyone else have this problem?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

hnybny1012

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I just received my Droid X2 last week after having to give up my Fascinate. Samsung put a software "update" through and it screwed the whole works up. They are still working on a fix but I ended up having to pick a different phone (non-Samsung). I was pretty pleased with this phone up until yesterday when I discovered that I am still having calls go directly to my voice mail. It didn't ring and there is no notice in my call log that the call ever came in. Plus I still have no notification alert to let me know I have any voicemails. I just have to keep checking it. My Voicemail will tell me that I have (0) voicemails but when I called into it I had 2. It must be something in my account on Verizon's end but it's very frustrating. Just out of curiosity....what would tell me I have a voicemail? Is there a light or icon that comes up??? Thank you.

bbsadaj

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
i came from the fascinate about a month and a half ago and couldn't be happier. the screen isn't as crisp as the fascinate but after a day or two it didn't matter. much faster, no "missed calls" any more or texts not delivered (wife didn't believe me until she stood next to me and called and it went to VM twice), battery sucks but they all do, the screen size is much better, with my otterbox it's affectionately referred to as the tank now.