I downloaded the one from XDA

Pros:
It is WAAYYYY faster

Cons:
My incredible was WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY faster than the X2 after this update

Chipmunk

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it is the update. To load it, you must put the zip in the root of sdcard-ext.
It must be named update.zip
Once you have done that, you need to boot into Android Recovery which will install the update from the sdcard.

There are instructions at xda that describe how to boot into the recovery if you haven't done it before.

Note: I have no idea what the risks are or what can go wrong.

utmed95

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Yes this is DEF GB just got through loading it. Here's how you do it:

1. Download file from from the following link, Blur_Version.1.2.148.MB870.Verizon.en.US.zip

2. Rename it update.zip

3. Load it onto the SDC root of your phone.

4. Turn off your phone

5. Turn on your phone while pushing the down button, you will see the word fast boot appear on top.

6. Let go of the power button

7. Use the down arrow button till you get to Android Recovery

8. Push the up and down button together.

9. You will get the little symbol we all know and love.

10. Push the up and down button together again, then scroll down to the update.zip file push the power
button and VOILA GB!!! GOOD LUCK

aldous

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded the one from XDA

Pros:
It is WAAYYYY faster

Cons:
My incredible was WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY faster than the X2 after this update

Thats odd, i came from an incredible and my x2 is wayyyyyy faster without the GB update than my incredible was. I had 3 of the incredibles and this x2 smokes them all

adellc3

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
mine keeps failing. :(( when I first boot into recovery it says

E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/caller

I don't know if that's even relevant. But it keeps saying

assert failed: apply_patch_check blah blah blah
E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted.

adellc3

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Wait.. Don't I have to be plugged into the charger? Hold on..

Nevermind... Didn't work.. I really hope I didn't mess it up when I rooted and de-bloated it. but I made sure i bloated it back when I un-rooted it, so idk what's up..

Icer13

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

1. Download file from from the following link, Blur_Version.1.2.148.MB870.Verizon.en.US.zip

2. Rename it update.zip

4. Turn off your phone

5. Turn on your phone while pushing the down button, you will see the word fast boot appear on top.

10. Push the up and down button together again, then scroll down to the update.zip file push the power
THANKS... worked for me ! Seems much faster than before.

Last edited:

av8solo101

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site

2. Rename it update.zip

4. Turn off your phone

@utmed95 - thanks for the info. I just up'd to GB with zero problems. A lot of the lag I had seems to be gone.

drewdaak#AC

May 17, 2011
Visit site
This is my first post here, but I follow these forums religiously. While I greatly enjoy the GB update, there are a few negative aspects I wanted to point out (that may be specific to my phone, but just wanted to throw it out there):

1. Since the update, when plugging it into the dock, it doesn't always go into "multimedia mode," even tho the notification bar says it's connected to the dock. I even pull the drop bar down and select it... it doesn't do anything. I have to unplug and replug several times before it works. Kind of aggravating.

2. Handcent seems to be a little wonky now. It will sometimes not notify me of new text messages, either through a blinking LED or the screen turning on and a popup appearing. I sometimes will not know I have new messages until I turn the screen on and open the Handcent app. I've also noticed a significant increase in sent and received "double" "triple" and one time a friend asked why I messaged the same message 7 times!

3. A lot of people seem to have improved battery life. I feel like mine is almost the opposite. For example, I moved yesterday to a new apartment from the Los Feliz area of Los Angeles to the Brentwood area of Los Angeles. I took the phone off the charger at 12PM and my phone died at 9:15PM. With all the moving I did, I didn't heavily use my phone. 45% of the battery use was the Phone Idle section. The other majority was the display (obviously).

Again, the GB is really speedy and great, but my particular phone has been having those issues listed above.

myriad46

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
mine keeps failing. :(( when I first boot into recovery it says

E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/caller

I don't know if that's even relevant. But it keeps saying

assert failed: apply_patch_check blah blah blah
E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted.

Boot into android recovery, do a factory reset/data wipe and you should be all set. the error is normal