Verizon showing Gingerbread for X2

rindof21

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I also got the new update this morning. I also didnt recieve any e-mail from Motorola but did sign up recently for testing. Seems to be the same update that my X1 got months ago. Definetly improved the functionality of the phone. As some have noted previously I am having much less lag, much better camera function and battery life. Been burning up my phone all day playing with and testing things i had problems with previously and still have 20% battery life. Quadrant score was 2519 nafter the install for those wondering. all of my apps updated no problem as well as flash 10.3. If you want an indepth at changes @hkklife gives a good breakdown on similiar things that i have noticed. Only thing that i wanted to add was that Swype seems to be much more dialed in. I had problems prior to the update and ended up going back to tap and go. swype on 2.3.3 is much smother and accurate.

Hope everyone else gets it soon:)

adellc3

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Root or no root, I want the update. And its still telling me that my phone is up to date. It makes me wonder if I messed something up by rooting it.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

fargles

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Root or no root, I want the update. And its still telling me that my phone is up to date. It makes me wonder if I messed something up by rooting it.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

I don't think so cause I am stock and I am "up to date"

I guess we just get to wait:'(

aldous

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
When my incredible got froyo, It took two weeks for me to get the update after my wife received it on her incredible. Patience is what we will have to have

jeffmartinaz

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Nothing here, yet. I'm REALLY hoping for some serious performance improvements. I've only had an X2 for about a month. Originally had an X and was "upgraded" by Verizon because of some major issues I had with my old X. That X would run circles around this dual-core dog. Seriously unimpressed with the performance of the X2. My X received 2.3 a while back and I really don't remember how well it ran prior, but with out a doubt... and X running Gingerbread is a much quicker, more responsive machine than a 2.2 X2. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Jeff-Phoenix, AZ

Chipmunk

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Kind, yeh.

It should download into your download folder found in sdcard.
Then I moved it to the root of sdcard-ext.
Renamed it to update.zip

Then I had to boot into stock recovery.

The app I used to move and rename the file is Astro file manager.

There is steps on xda on booting into the stock recovery, but if you cnt find it. I'll post some instructions for that.

Chipmunk

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
That is motorola's naming convention. It is named for the build you are going to upgrade from.
So it is gingerbread and named for the Froyo build you are upgrading from.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance