1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    806 Global Posts

Default Anyone ditch a Droid Charge for an X2?

I have a Droid Charge arriving on Monday. I was one of the lucky people who got a free Fascinate replacement. I was trying to figure out which phone to get. The Verizon rep had the Charge & really liked it. I chose the Charge and left. Now I wonder if that was the right choice.

I know the Charge has LTE, but it feels cheap & clunky. The SAMOLED+ screen is quite nice. I have LTE at work, but not at my residence.

The hardware spec on the DX2 is pretty sweet. I thought the screen was equally nice. I've read some grumblings on forums about the DX2 screen. Maybe you can enlighten me? It also seems Moto is much better at updating the software for their devices.

Please share your story & I appreciate your help.

i transitioned to my x2. from an incredible 1. I dont have any complaints about the screen. if i really strain i can see what people complain about. I may be wrong but i believe you have 14 days to return the device and swap for something else. Give the device ample time and then choose.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    806 Global Posts

Default Re: Anyone ditch a Droid Charge for an X2?

Quote Originally Posted by aldous View Post
    i transitioned to my x2. from an incredible 1. I dont have any complaints about the screen. if i really strain i can see what people complain about. I may be wrong but i believe you have 14 days to return the device and swap for something else. Give the device ample time and then choose.
    Is the same true with a warranty replacement? I thought if I returned the Charge unopened, I may be able to swap it for an X2.

Global Posts
    194 Global Posts

I love the screen on my X2. No complaints at all. Very easy to see in bright sunlight when people with other phones are looking for shade and the perfect angle just to get a lucky glimpse.

My mom has the charge and I have the X2. As soon as I get the GB update this phone will be perfect (hopefully) but as it sits right about now the charge has more issues then my X2. I love LTD on the charge though, it is beastly! But I deffinitly see quicker apps and screen scrolling (even with froyo lmao)
    Good luck!
    Banned

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

I received an X2 as replacemwnt for a DX. The X2 feels slower than the DX and the pentile screen is horrible. For example, small fonts in Pure Calendar widget are illegible in red or green. I am working around the issues, but still hate the screen. I was actually thinking of getting the charge because of its nice screen.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk