Wifi not working after gb!

EpicInUtah

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
So I updated to gb and since then my X2 will not connect to by wifi network. Had the exact same problem when I had my X and updated to gb. Anyone know of this issue and a fix for it?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

tammyflint75

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same issue with my droid X2, wifi was working perfect and now it won't connect. Did you ever find a fix for this issue? If I can not get my wifi to work I will be returning my cell.

EpicInUtah

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Never got it working right. I sold the droid x2 and got an iPhone 4 and will never go back to android. The iPhone is so stable and incredibly fast. No more droid for me.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same issue with my droid X2, wifi was working perfect and now it won't connect. Did you ever find a fix for this issue? If I can not get my wifi to work I will be returning my cell.

Have you tried removing the saved wifi connections and adding them again? Or, connecting to a network you never have before?

This is really strange. I connect to three different wifi networks, and, have no problems pre and post GB. I just took a look at my phone for anything I could think of other than the above to help, and, came up blank.

TheGiraffe78

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
As it turns out it is not the phone you have to make changes to. My father-in-law had the same problem and had to update his wifi. The secuirty requirements changed and the phone will not let u change it so u have to modify you wifi router. I will have find out what exactly he had to change it to because I cannot remember off the top of my head.

whossler

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I just bought 2 Droids x2 and cannot get either to work on the Internet. Both will hook up to my dlink with WIFI, but my computer network can not find them and I can not get out to the internet. Talked to Motorola twice and no one so far has any idea why. It has bumped up to a higher level and expect a call tomorrow. I evened took out all security from the router and still can not get out or be recognized. I tried to go to My Accounts and it said I needed a MDN number and password. Apparently that has something to do with using s number as my old cell phone?

I have also been using Network Magic (now Cisco, it hasn't failed me in the past, but sure failing me now.

Android is at Ver 2.2.4 I see their is a Ver 2.2.3?

Very frustrating.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Both will hook up to my dlink with WIFI, but my computer network can not find them and I can not get out to the internet.

What do you mean by this? Is your router a D-Link? Or is this some other device.

Your computer network doesn't need to find your phones, your phone needs to find your network. Are you able to see your network in the Wireless & Network Settings menu?

Have you tried connecting to another router? If you can connect to someone else's WiFi, then, you can assume there is a problem with your router. If not, then there is an issue with your phone. Might be good to rule that out first.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
A few things to try in this order:

1. Remove the saved wifi accounts and add them again.
2. If you are on WPA2, change it to WEP and see if you can connect.
3. Disconnect Power to router for 10 sec.
4. Change the Router channel to 1 (by default most routers are set to 6).
5. Reset the Router (there should be a reset button on the back).

AndieKawaii

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue. But mine is slightly different. When I got my first Android device it wasn't activated so I connected to my house's wifi. It is secure. I was connected for about a couple weeks, and then I was get little connection, so I pressed "Forget Network" Now, even if I press scan, it will not scan at all and I can't get my wifi back. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue. But mine is slightly different. When I got my first Android device it wasn't activated so I connected to my house's wifi. It is secure. I was connected for about a couple weeks, and then I was get little connection, so I pressed "Forget Network" Now, even if I press scan, it will not scan at all and I can't get my wifi back. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Are you able to connect to your network with any other devices?

Additionally, have you tried connecting your phone to a different network?