Wifi not working after gb!
01-09-2014 08:40 AM
This is really strange. I connect to three different wifi networks, and, have no problems pre and post GB. I just took a look at my phone for anything I could think of other than the above to help, and, came up blank.12-13-2011 07:10 AM
- As it turns out it is not the phone you have to make changes to. My father-in-law had the same problem and had to update his wifi. The secuirty requirements changed and the phone will not let u change it so u have to modify you wifi router. I will have find out what exactly he had to change it to because I cannot remember off the top of my head.12-15-2011 02:25 PM
- I just bought 2 Droids x2 and cannot get either to work on the Internet. Both will hook up to my dlink with WIFI, but my computer network can not find them and I can not get out to the internet. Talked to Motorola twice and no one so far has any idea why. It has bumped up to a higher level and expect a call tomorrow. I evened took out all security from the router and still can not get out or be recognized. I tried to go to My Accounts and it said I needed a MDN number and password. Apparently that has something to do with using s number as my old cell phone?
I have also been using Network Magic (now Cisco, it hasn't failed me in the past, but sure failing me now.
Android is at Ver 2.2.4 I see their is a Ver 2.2.3?
Very frustrating.01-15-2012 08:04 PM
Your computer network doesn't need to find your phones, your phone needs to find your network. Are you able to see your network in the Wireless & Network Settings menu?
Have you tried connecting to another router? If you can connect to someone else's WiFi, then, you can assume there is a problem with your router. If not, then there is an issue with your phone. Might be good to rule that out first.01-17-2012 11:56 AM
- Ricky BabaluBEACH BUMA few things to try in this order:
1. Remove the saved wifi accounts and add them again.
2. If you are on WPA2, change it to WEP and see if you can connect.
3. Disconnect Power to router for 10 sec.
4. Change the Router channel to 1 (by default most routers are set to 6).
5. Reset the Router (there should be a reset button on the back).01-17-2012 12:22 PM
- I have the same issue. But mine is slightly different. When I got my first Android device it wasn't activated so I connected to my house's wifi. It is secure. I was connected for about a couple weeks, and then I was get little connection, so I pressed "Forget Network" Now, even if I press scan, it will not scan at all and I can't get my wifi back. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?02-21-2012 03:51 PM
- I have the same issue. But mine is slightly different. When I got my first Android device it wasn't activated so I connected to my house's wifi. It is secure. I was connected for about a couple weeks, and then I was get little connection, so I pressed "Forget Network" Now, even if I press scan, it will not scan at all and I can't get my wifi back. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
Additionally, have you tried connecting your phone to a different network?02-24-2012 07:03 AM
- Motorola Android Phones
- More Motorola Phones
- Verizon Droid X Forums
- Motorola Droid X2
Wifi not working after gb!
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD