1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I'm puzzled by the Gingerbread update

I have been following the hipe about the Gingerbread update and I am excited about. Why I am puzzeled is because the verizons site gives indication that is is out now ( the COMING SOON) is removed but is you talking to motorola and verizon they say the soak tests have not completed. What is really going on with this update?

Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread Deck, Matrix

Verizon wants to cripple the phone more

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    Razr>Juke>POS Blitz(Broken)>Droid> Epic 4g(returned)>Nexus S 4g
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: I'm puzzled by the Gingerbread update

what does that mean

Global Posts
    786 Global Posts

verizon has a habit of limiting the capabilities of their devices and loading them up with bloatware is all. maybe the coming soon removal means that is on its way to being pushed out.

Maybe the soak is just the new Blur? Cause a lot of people have gotten the update thus far( sadly not me ) lol

Global Posts
    786 Global Posts

i've heard that the update is rolled out in sections by vzw so the system isn't overloaded. the soak test is gb, not just blur.

The way I understand it is that the update has rolled out to the soak testers, and once Moto and Verizon are satisfied that there are no major glitches, Verizon will begin rolling out the update to everyone.

I haven't yet heard of anyone who's not part of the soak getting the update pushed to them yet, but I may be wrong about that.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

so my question is , is it out or not..lol

Im going to keep an eye on this thread, for I have not received the update either, sadly. I signed up for the soak test, but there is no update for me. I just hope I haven't screwed myself over by rooting it and possibly accidently deleting a system file instead of freezing it.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    589 Global Posts

No need to worry. The GB update is running awesome so far, for the most part. It's far better than the official DX GB update that came out a few months ago and better than the leaked GB update for the Droid Pro. It's not up to par with the D3's GB, however.

I haven't had any problems with GB since I flashed it with the zip file from xda.
    UtahConcealer

Crackberry 8330 ---> Droid X ---> Droid X2 ---> Blk 16gb iPhone 4
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

I flashed the update from xda and its okay so far. Im fat from overwhelmed by iy