Results 1 to 24 of 24
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bmacster
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    NickA's Avatar

    Posts
    1,285 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,328 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Problems after GB update

    I thought I'd start this thread for people having issues after the update. I didn't see an existing thread for this so if there is one please merge it.

    I'm pretty happy with the update so far. The only problem I'm having is random reboots. It's happened a couple times now in the past few hours.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Problems after GB update

    While I greatly enjoy the GB update, there are a few negative aspects I wanted to point out (that may be specific to my phone, but just wanted to throw it out there):

    1. Since the update, when plugging it into the dock, it doesn't always go into "multimedia mode," even tho the notification bar says it's connected to the dock. I even pull the drop bar down and select it... it doesn't do anything. I have to unplug and replug several times before it works. Kind of aggravating.

    2. Handcent seems to be a little wonky now. It will sometimes not notify me of new text messages, either through a blinking LED or the screen turning on and a popup appearing. I sometimes will not know I have new messages until I turn the screen on and open the Handcent app. I've also noticed a significant increase in sent and received "double" "triple" and one time a friend asked why I messaged the same message 7 times!

    3. A lot of people seem to have improved battery life. I feel like mine is almost the opposite. For example, I moved yesterday to a new apartment from the Los Feliz area of Los Angeles to the Brentwood area of Los Angeles. I took the phone off the charger at 12PM and my phone died at 9:15PM. With all the moving I did, I didn't heavily use my phone. 45% of the battery use was the Phone Idle section. The other majority was the display (obviously).

    Again, the GB is really speedy and great, but my particular phone has been having those issues listed above.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Problems after GB update

    I lag... a lottttt. Well better then froyo but still a lot for a dual core phone ! Btw is there anyway to run just plain old gingerbread on here? Cause I would prefer that lol
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    NickA's Avatar

    Posts
    1,285 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,328 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Problems after GB update

    Quote Originally Posted by drewdaak View Post
    A lot of people seem to have improved battery life. I feel like mine is almost the opposite. For example, I moved yesterday to a new apartment from the Los Feliz area of Los Angeles to the Brentwood area of Los Angeles. I took the phone off the charger at 12PM and my phone died at 9:15PM. With all the moving I did, I didn't heavily use my phone. 45% of the battery use was the Phone Idle section. The other majority was the display (obviously).
    I haven't experienced any Handcent issue yet, but I'll have some people text me to give it a try. As far as battery: I don't think it's a coincidence that your battery life dropped with your move. If the signal is weaker in your new place, your phone will keep searching for a signal and kill the battery.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Problems after GB update

    Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    I haven't experienced any Handcent issue yet, but I'll have some people text me to give it a try. As far as battery: I don't think it's a coincidence that your battery life dropped with your move. If the signal is weaker in your new place, your phone will keep searching for a signal and kill the battery.
    While that would be a completely legitimate reason for battery life to decrease, I'm not sure that is applicable to my situation. My signal actually INCREASED at my new place lol...

    This morning, I caught the bus from my place to UCLA, where I work. It's a 15 minute commute, and all I was doing was listening to music, using the UBERmusic app. When I arrived in my office, the battery was already at 85%... I thought that was a little extreme for battery use. Maybe my battery is failing, and I should go have it replaced under warranty at Verizon.
  6. #6  
    CharlieL3's Avatar
    What does this button d

    Posts
    168 Posts

    Default Re: Problems after GB update

    My battery drain has increased as well. It may be the OS taking advantage of the dual-core processor.
  7. #7  
    KC60's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Unhappy Re: Problems after GB update

    Hi everyone. A lurker here making my first post.

    Since I updated to system version 1.3.232.MB870.Verizon.en.US (Android 2.3.3) last night, I've lost the option to record video in 720p. Performance was always a bit iffy at that resolution, but now the HD option has simply gone missing from the video settings menu, with "DVD" 720x480 being the highest available. It makes no difference whether it's set to record to internal storage or the SD card.

    Anyone else seeing this? I've searched but have not found mention of it yet.
  8. #8  
    aquaj13's Avatar

    Posts
    418 Posts
    Global Posts
    529 Global Posts

    Default Re: Problems after GB update

    I got the update and am loving it. Chomp works awesome and I would recommend hand cent people giving it a whirl if they are having problems. Does anyone know if we are going to get the new moto widgets like on the droid 3. I am currently using launcher pro.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Problems after GB update

    Got the GB update and like other updates I've gotten on other phones in the past, I've been told to let the battery run completely down and then charge it back to 100%. Do this a few times and that helps the battery life. It has something to do with the system relearning the battery usage. So far I haven't had any problems since GB hit my X2 Tuesday night, keeping my fingers crossed.
  10. #10  
    rcodey's Avatar

    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

    Default Re: Problems after GB update

    Had several screen freezes since update. Only one or two in previous month on old software. On one freeze had to do battery pull for 1st time on phone.

    Battery drain seems to be worse with new software
  11. #11  
    hkklife's Avatar

    Posts
    150 Posts
    Global Posts
    589 Global Posts

    Default Re: Problems after GB update

    Quote Originally Posted by KC60 View Post
    Hi everyone. A lurker here making my first post.

    Since I updated to system version 1.3.232.MB870.Verizon.en.US (Android 2.3.3) last night, I've lost the option to record video in 720p. Performance was always a bit iffy at that resolution, but now the HD option has simply gone missing from the video settings menu, with "DVD" 720x480 being the highest available. It makes no difference whether it's set to record to internal storage or the SD card.

    Anyone else seeing this? I've searched but have not found mention of it yet.
    You have to "scroll" up. Slide your thumb downwards and you should see HD 720p option at the top of the list above "DVD" and "VGS" resolution choices. Yeah, it's not very intuitive but that's how it is. A lot of stuff gets comrpessed like that in landscape mode.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Problems after GB update

    So, after dealing with my previous issues to the point of wanting to throw my phone out the window, I just did a factory reset. It appears that all of the prior problems (minus the battery life issue) have been fixed. I just now have to spend hours re-downloading all my apps and setting the phone back up haha. Let's hope it lasts...
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Problems after GB update

    Quote Originally Posted by drewdaak View Post
    So, after dealing with my previous issues to the point of wanting to throw my phone out the window, I just did a factory reset. It appears that all of the prior problems (minus the battery life issue) have been fixed. I just now have to spend hours re-downloading all my apps and setting the phone back up haha. Let's hope it lasts...
    Spoke too soon :-( ... it still doesn't always go into multimedia mode when I put it in the dock...
  14. #14  
    mikey95gt's Avatar

    Posts
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

    Default Re: Problems after GB update

    Quote Originally Posted by drewdaak View Post
    Spoke too soon :-( ... it still doesn't always go into multimedia mode when I put it in the dock...
    That is a problem with the X2 Gingerbread load. You will have to wait for a fix to that.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Problems after GB update

    First time poster here, but I just got the update a few of days and I have to admit things seem way better. I had a stupid problem on froyo where when u went into the "files" explorer, I had like 3 seconds before it would automatically return me to my home screen no matter if you were trying to send something bluetooth or email. But they fixed that with the update and it just seem alittle smoother.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Problems after GB update

    Oh and battery life does seem about 10-15% better.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Problems after GB update

    I hate the battery indicator now, when battery is at 60% it still shows almost full in the notification bar.
  18. #18  
    bmacster's Avatar

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

    Default Re: Problems after GB update

    Battery life seems to have improved however it is still lagging some between screens. Memory management has improved but the multi-touch keyboard is still giving a lot of fits and issues.

    Music is playing better, including Pandora no longer randomly going to the next song, in the middle of a song.

    Video is simply horrible now. It went from usable while recording in 720p to now utter crap and uselss under the same settings. Not sure what the change was but I sure would like to use my camera again!

    Lastly, no random reboots but applications tend to force close a bit more...

    I really dislike being the "beta tester" for something that should be done properly the first time...
    fargles likes this.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Problems after GB update

    Anyone else having issues with Corporate Sync/Email giving an Invalid Certificate error message? I've deleted my account and set it back up (making sure to un-check the Verify Certificate options) but I'm still getting the error. Mail seems to be flowing in and out, so it's just an annoyance at this point...
  20. #20  
    totcm's Avatar

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

    Default Re: Problems after GB update

    Quote Originally Posted by grabermike View Post
    That is a problem with the X2 Gingerbread load. You will have to wait for a fix to that.
    You would think the way that Verizon tests these builds the dock issues would have come up. All of my problems with gingerbread relate to the dock so I hope someone fixes them soon! Otherwise it has really been awesome on my x2.
  21. #21  

    Default

    I called my girlfriend's droid x2 this morning to wake her up. Her alarm had gone off, she couldn't shut it off, she couldn't power it off so she pulled the battery and missed my call.

    Sent from my DROIDX
  22. #22  

    Default

    I am reporting better battery life and *improved music play. DX2. Music still choppy when completing other actions with phone. Stand alone music play is seamless (poweramp full version) and clear. Battery life is my biggest plus. I've noticed some email notification differences using gmail label notifier but minor issues at worst.

    Side question, what is a launcher and why do I need one?
  23. #23  
    jtornone's Avatar

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

    Default Re: Problems after GB update

    My phone is definatly more responsive. But I have had it reboot while in the car dock, when playing music mostly.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Problems after GB update

    i have been having issues with the keyboard with the update,, it doesnt work in chat sites i used to always frequent, it will pop up when i tap the input field, it shows the keys light up as i touch them but nothing shows up on the page, totally kills the phone for me. the screen still has the ghosting as i move from page to page and the phone has randomly rebooted a couple times and froze up during calls since the update,, i got verizon to exchange it and the new one still has the same keyboard issues,, seems to be a motorola issue since my friends htc phones with 2.3 work fine

Posting Permissions

B