"SD card or device storage is full" but it is not...

BigGuyNH

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Well, here we go again...

Replaced the Droid X2, with a new one, and before the update, and after, tried to download music, and get a notice that there is not enough space on the device or the card. Checked available space and it say 1.46 GB available in the phone and 4.56 GB available on the SD card. Had trouble with the direction where downloads were to go. Set it up to go to the card, but they all were going to the phone.

This is still a big piece of fertilizer.

Does Motorola and Verizon think I have all the time in the world to sit on the phone with their tech people who no absolutely nothing about the phone and waste my day?

When will these companies take the time to actually train their people.

animatedroid

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
same here on my D3. just did a factory reset, spent a whole day restoring apps to my phone and now Im trying to edit my alarm and it wont let me because it says "device storage is ful"

**using TitaniumBackup, report are as follows
I have 87MB is system ROM
over 2GB in internal Memory
over 12GB in Internal "SD"
and over 15GBs in external SD.

when i click the notif alert, it takes me to my App management screen, as if suggesting I uninstall some apps.

This is a BUG of some sort. not an actual low on memory issue.
I've rebooted, cleared cache, cleared dalvik cache.. no fix.

w...t....f...

Last edited:

animatedroid

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
same here on my D3. just did a factory reset, spent a whole day restoring apps to my phone and now Im trying to edit my alarm and it wont let me because it says "device storage is ful"

**using TitaniumBackup, report are as follows
I have 87MB is system ROM
over 2GB in internal Memory
over 12GB in Internal "SD"
and over 15GBs in external SD.

when i click the notif alert, it takes me to my App management screen, as if suggesting I uninstall some apps.

This is a BUG of some sort. not an actual low on memory issue.
I've rebooted, cleared cache, cleared dalvik cache.. no fix.

w...t....f...

amidst my trial and errors,
I decided to use ROM Manager's "Fix Permissions" and then rebooted.
this seems to have fixed the false "low memory" issue.

for everyone else, please note, this method is NOT going to fix the legitimate issue of having low memory alerts when you go below 25MBs of system memory.