No Radio/3G yet still connects

Chipmunk

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Here is a new and interesting possible bug.
For the last couple of days, my 3G icon goes away intermittently along with the "bars" going
showing a red circle with a line through it.

Interesting enough, everything still works fine. Calls come in and the internet still works.
So everything is apparently just fine except the icons.

Knowing that the icons do not necessarily mean anything, what would cause then to do this?

Generally speaking, the icons are nothing but a visual monitor of the network status. Listening to the connection and producing a graphic appropriately. Or something like that.

If the connections are fine, where would the icon implementation be getting false readings?
Or could it be that for a split second, there was a network glitch and the phone does update the icons immediately?

What are your thoughts on this?

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if its a network issue. The last couple days mine has been going to 1x quite a bit and becoming very slow.

Chipmunk

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Mine has also been going to 1X as well. I think it was last weekend or theis weekend before that there was heightened solar flare activity. It caused the aurora to be seen farther south than usual.
I'm wondering if maybe this has something to do with it. Although, the solar activity has returned to normal.

I haven't experienced this issue quite as much now, but its still periodic. I don't think its happened for a couple days now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome