Assigning ringtone to a contact - help please

megnah

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Go to Contacts. Short Tap the Contact you want to set a custom ringtone for (don't hold and edit or anything, just tap to bring up their info). Hit the hard Menu Button. Go to Options. In there you can select a Ringtone for the Contact as well as send Incoming Calls directly to Voicemail. I have a concord too.

BluesCam

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
It shouldn't be this hard to figure out. I'm new to having a smartphone, but I feel like I've mastered a lot in a short time (had the phone for 4 days now). I have assigned ringtones to contacts on all of my other basic phones, so why is this hard?

Shouldn't there be something in Edit Contact where I can assign a ringtone? I've only been able to do it with the Zedge app, but the ringtone I want is a custom one that I made. I can assign that ringtone to ALL incoming calls, but not an individual contact.

Thanks for any help.
I know what you mean. On my old Sanyo "dumbphone" I could easily set separate ringtones for my phone contacts, unknown numbers, and blocked calls.
Not so, on my Moto G unless I am missing something. Good luck.

BMurdy

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
Ok, I did what was suggested. I went to Contacts, tapped a name selected menu but there are only 2 items in the menu, Edit and Delete. I held down the menu option and got "more options" but when I tapped that it just came up with the same 2. I also am new to this Smartphone thing and I have a Sharp Aquos Smartphone. Any suggestions?

Angela Urquhart

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
Ok, I did what was suggested. I went to Contacts, tapped a name selected menu but there are only 2 items in the menu, Edit and Delete. I held down the menu option and got "more options" but when I tapped that it just came up with the same 2. I also am new to this Smartphone thing and I have a Sharp Aquos Smartphone. Any suggestions?

I have an LG G4 and I have to go into my music, then select the file(song) I want, hit the dots to open the menu and select set as ringtone for contacts then it opens my contacts and I select the one I want

BillTinAZ69

May 1, 2016
Visit site
forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean by the hard Menu Button? When I bring up the contact on my Droid Turbo, I'm not sure what I'm looking for. Thank you!

damsell clare

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Go to Contacts. Short Tap the Contact you want to set a custom ringtone for (don't hold and edit or anything, just tap to bring up their info). Hit the hard Menu Button. Go to Options. In there you can select a Ringtone for the Contact as well as send Incoming Calls directly to Voicemail. Kinda in a silly place, but, there ya have it.

FYI, found this real quick by Googling "droid x2 ringtone contact."

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/63981/~/droid-x2---ring

Hi ive tried this method but therebis no ringtone option when i tap edit

Thank you

Kallei

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Re: Assigning ringtone to all contact - help please

[=BluesCam;3853505]
Yeah that's what I wanna do, have 2 different ringtones, one for contacts, one for not saved numbers. How do I /Can I do this on Nokia Lumia?? X

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech