Camera not functioning properly

Adibidah

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
My camera is not working properly. For the first day it seemed to be fine. I took a few test pics, which were of horrible quality. I started googling information on that and saw where I could change the settings to 8MP. But the other issue is that I will tap the camera and sometimes it won't open, just be a black screen. Other times it will open and I will swipe the sidebar open to tap effects, and things will just freeze until I press the home button.

Any ideas?

hkklife

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
The camera is widely known as a huge source of trouble on the X2. My first X2 (early July) had a horrible camera where the flash would fire out of sync with the shutter probably 90% of the time. I exchanged it and got a better X2 which has issue with overly dark photos and weak flash illumination "only" 40% or so of the time.

I definitely use and enjoy the X2's camera far less than my old X. Otherwise, I like the X2's performance and high-res screen (but not the pentile).

I also have frequent issues, even after the GB update, with the camera freezing up or being unresponsive while showing the viewfinder. I usually have to do either a battery pull, but occasionally I can resolve the problem by exiting out of Camera, using the Task Manager to end the Camera, then relaunching it.

If you are still in your exchange period, I would definitely return or send the X2 back and try for a different handset.

Adibidah

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I bought it new from a local Verizon store last Monday, so I should be able to get a replacement. I'd hate to, with all the customization I've done ... but I do want a working camera.

I shut it down and turned it on again and the camera ha been cooperating better.

I see reference to GB, which is gingerbread, but I'm not sure what that all means for me. I need to spend more time lurking here!

whiplash473

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
A simple reboot is always my first line of defense with a bug..not sure if you have and I know its kinda stupid but reboots work wonders

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
The documentation that came with your phone suggests you shut it off for one minute every day. I shut off my phone every morning while driving in to work, and, turn it back on when I need my phone for the first time. I'm not sure if that's really necessary, but, I never have any problems with my camera.