Contacts problem, force closing

mc3746

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I had the same contacts problem with hotmail so I downloaded the outlook email app but the problem remained. I then DELETED just the hotmail app from my phone and that solved my problem. Feelsl like I was forced into using the outlook because it happened after the phone auto updated all my apps.

tolz

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Two weeks at Motorola central in texas (Motorola repair) trying to fix this phone, ten minutes on the internet and the problem was fixed. They had no idea what to do. I will never purchase another Motorola product again...

LALF

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks so much! Your solution was easy to do, and solved this poroblem that's been vexing me for some time now!!!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Scott Alamprese

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I do not have yahoo, just aol and google did the restart like you would if you took a battery out, Im left with re setting back to when I got this phone or replacing it , this has gingerbread on it. HELP

Wren Stimpy

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
If you Froze (or Disabled; an ICS and above feature built in, no rooting needed) your rooted device's AUTHENTICATORS - Doesnt matter which - AND you have an equivalent email using that Authority as one of your contacts, then you either need to Delete that contact OR turn on the needed Authenticator.

So. ifyou have a hot mail, live, or msn contact, you will need those to Authenticate AND you WILL need to either freeze or uninstall hotmail (if Outlook is installed). In all other cases, say if you have say a Yahoo contact in your contacts, Yahoo Authenticator must be available. This is a general Authenticator bug that should get fixed OTA via Google Play Services update ONCE ALL AUTHENTICATORS MIGRATE TO OpenID v 2.0 by March 23rd 2015.

If you UNINSTALLED any Authenticator, the ONLY way to get it back is to Factory Reset. Period. DO NOT TRUST any available source for a system apk.

Wren Stimpy

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Since you have GB then you DO in FACT have Yahoo Contacts and Yahoo Authenticator pre-installed on your device. There is no point in arguing this. Just because you dont use Yahoo does NOT mean that Yahoo Auth and Yahoo Contacts isnt installed.

Wren Stimpy

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
If any of your contacts have a yahoo email, Motorola needs the Yahoo Authenticator intact, You only need Yahoo Contacts apk if YOU want to have a Yahoo email ACCOUNT in your phone.

Wren Stimpy

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Until you try one of these suggested fixes, just dont click on a contact in Favorites - the only time it will crash, btw.

But, seriously, ANDROIDCENTRAL, you dont really need over 40 scripts running on this site. I block all but 3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs