Phone turns back on after turning off !

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi im doing a search for a friend that has the X2. His problem is that every time he powers off his phone it will automatically turn back on as if you hit restart. He powers off his phone and then it comes back on, why, I have no clue. Unless there is some sort of default setting for the power button that hes not seeing? I've done a search and found nothing relating to this other then the phone randomly restarting or powering down on its own. Thanks.

ew.scott

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
Mine always does this when I power down when it is plugged in to either the wall/car charger or usb port on the computer. Never happens when powering off while unplugged. I just figured that is some sort of feature. Is this the case for your buddy or is it all the time both plugged or unplugged.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I think this may have happened to me once or twice, but, not every time. I just tested the plugged in theory on my phone, and, it didn't happen. I had the phone plugged in and powered it off and it went to the battery % screen. It didn't turn itself on.

How long have they had their phone for? Has it been an issue since day one?

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Actually he said it started about 3 monnts ago, isn't that when GB was pushed to phone..? I thought there may be a easy soulution to this problem but I guess not.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
No, GB was pushed to the X2 in the beginning of August. I know because I made a post on August 2nd when GB had just fixed an issue I was having. So, it's only been maybe five or so weeks. So, if it's been happening for three months, sounds like it was an issue with the phone from the start. Depending on how much personalization they've done to their phone, they might want to try a factory reset. I briefly looked in Manage Apps for something related to battery that you could clear defaults, settings, cache, etc. but couldn't find one. I would have tried that first, but, now all I can think of would be to factory reset. With how much I like my phone setup, I don't think I'd do a factory reset on my phone without doing more research though. Maybe try Google if you haven't already. Or posting in the general help forum. I know as far as the forum rules go, cross posting is frowned upon, but, I don't see why this issue couldn't be addressed in both forums. Seems like it could be an X2 specific problem or an Android problem.

But, hopefully someone else will have additional insight on this.