Weird Glitch

markabele

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I have this brand new weird glitch with my X2 that really makes my phone unusable at times.

Imagine if I kept touching the middle of the screen, over and over, clicking/opening whatever happens to be in the middle. That is what is happening except I am not touching the screen, it is doing it by itself.

It just started yesterday. I am running stock everything. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Does it only do this when you are in your launcher? Or does it also simulate a screen press when you are in an app?

Did you install any apps right before it started?

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Wow, that's crazy, haha.

I wonder if it's a hardware or software issue... you could always factory reset to find out, but, who wants to do that. Well, I guess your desire to do that depends on how much effort you have put in customizing your phone. Are you rooted?

How old is the phone?

markabele

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
It hasn't done it any today yet...so I'm thinking it is probably an app or app combination that might have fixed itself...hopefully.

Not rooted though.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Oh, I didn't know it was intermittent. But, yea, that was my initial assumption. But since you said you hadn't installed anything recently, I ruled it out.

Okay, well, that rules out that too. Haha.

I guess the next time it happens you should kill apps one at a time until it goes away, and, you'll know which app was causing the problem.

fargles

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I had it happen to me a couple times I figured it was just there was like something on my screen and wiped it off like a lot... but now that I think about it I don't think it was the problem lol but it went away

markabele

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Still there, but I've learned how to make it stop pretty quick now. Hopefully this newest update we are supposed to get from Verizon in the near future will totally shut it down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463