02-28-2016 04:22 AM
- Yea, I appear to be getting more battery life as well. But, like luke31 said, you might want to do a calibration. I'm not sure about the suggested app, but, I used this method and it seemed to work:
Battery calibration (New method?)10-20-2011 08:52 AMLike 1
- I get excellent battery life. I experimented yesterday with leaving 3G on in a fringe area switching 3g/1x all day, and kept the screen on for about 3 hours. I still got 15 hours of battery life with this stress test. Light use would get me more than a day, easily.
Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk10-21-2011 05:15 AM
- Yes! My phone has sucked since the update. Was unsure if it was the update or an app at first, but pretty sure it's the update. Home screen takes forever to render, wonky switching btw screens, and the battery life tanked. When I exit programs I see a screenshot from Words w Friends... unrooted x2.
I'll try the link for battery recalibration...
Edit: do I recalibrate every battery or just do this once?10-23-2011 09:36 AM
- I'm getting much better battery life now.
I still have about 20% and I took my phone off the charger over 32 hours ago. Medium usage, not many calls, wifi on the whole time, but I don't live in the best area for cell signal which is pretty important to battery life.
I would call that pretty dang good for a 4.3 inch phone!10-25-2011 04:36 PM
- Wow, that's crazy. I wish I got that much life from my battery. I could probably make it the whole day (home to work to home), but, I use my phone constantly. Also , I get great signal and have lots of syncing. I can't believe that being in a poor signal area gives you at least double the battery life I get. Crazy.10-26-2011 06:55 AM
- Wow, that's crazy. I wish I got that much life from my battery. I could probably make it the whole day (home to work to home), but, I use my phone constantly. Also , I get great signal and have lots of syncing. I can't believe that being in a poor signal area gives you at least double the battery life I get. Crazy.
I get about a day-ish with fairly heavy usage ... it could be better but it could be a lot worse10-26-2011 08:55 AM
- I found some stuff when I googled this supporting what you say, I guess that makes sense. I wonder then what accounts for markabele's excellent battery life. Hehe.
But, yea, I'm happy with getting through the day. If I didn't work in an office where I could charge my phone, I'd probably be more concerned, hehe.10-26-2011 09:00 AM
- My battery life runs from 1.5 days close to 3 depending on usage. That goes from plenty of texting all day with some phone calls, checking email and browsing mostly- using 3g, to just texting and checking email a bit- on 3g. I also use battery saver built in stock. I use custom setting to have the 3g turn off automatically at night or times when i am asleep most often. This makes my battery last much longer. It will probably loose 10% or less over 10hrs that way. (note: my 3g speeds are horrid, but cell signal is strong- dont know which drains battery more)
Though my battery has taken several weeks to see real potential. I did calibrate once (it helped a little), using a market app, but that started the whole process of the battery adjusting all over again. Only just recently has this potential been reached.10-26-2011 09:48 PM
- What if you went camping? Well, I have backup batteries, but, still, it's a valid point. Especially if you are using your GPS and you don't have back up batteries.
Sure you can charge your phone overnight, but, I don't see how improving battery life is a bad thing. The battery will last longer, you'll save electricity, and, if you are using your phone really hard it'll last longer. I can blow through my phone battery in a couple of hours if I am using it really really hard. So, anything that can improve it is a good thing. Generally I get a full day out of my phone, but, on the off chance that I need to use it really hard during the day, having it run more efficiently and last any amount longer is a good thing, IMO.
I mean, there is nothing wrong with discussing efficiency, right? You can fill your car up with gas when it's almost empty, but, wouldn't you still want to know how to get better MPG?10-27-2011 07:59 PM
- I was quite thrilled with my battery life this weekend. We have two X2s in the house, and, no power for almost two days now because of the storms in the NE. Our phones and four backup batteries kept us sane. Still had one full battery too!! Now to recharge the empties at work.10-31-2011 07:55 AM
- Motorola Android Phones
- More Motorola Phones
- Verizon Droid X Forums
- Motorola Droid X2
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD