HELP! Stuck on Boot Logo. Tried Fastboot. Need advice!

jeffmartinaz

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Here's my problem in a nutshell...I was in the process of trying to install the tether patch to get around the verizon blocking issue. I downloaded the Droid X2 recovery software, installed it. copied the patch to my sd card and then rebooted into recovery. It stared up and then just sat there at the red ball logo. Tried taking the battery out several different times and same results. Found instructions for Fastboot and went to the Android Recovery menu, formatted the cache, wiped everything clean for a total hard reset and reboot the phone with the idea of just starting all over again. Same result. Then I tried to download a stock Gingerbreak and install the update.zip file. I got an error message about the signature being invalid. Then tried a rooted Gingerbread file update.zip with the same result. My issues have to be from the recovery software that was installed, since i was never able to even get to the tether patch.

If I can get to the interior storage of the X2 and remove the bootstrap recovery software, I'm sure I'd be able to clean it all up and do a hard reset. Anyone know the menu options for Fastboot? Anyone know what the heck I can do from here? On a scale of 1-10, I'm probably at a 4 for Android skills. I can follow directions well, but don't know much info on my own. Past experience...rooted several phones, installed Cyanogenmod on my wife's Nook Color, installed Cyanogenmod on my Touchpad and a couple of other smaller installs. PLEASE HELP!

jsgraphicart

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
If you have no other option, I would suggest just SBF the phone.

[GUIDE] How to SBF an X2

Make sure you use the right SBF file for your phone. If you are on 2.3.4, use the file specifically for 2.3.4, which I dont think is in that link. Just google it and you should find the right file.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair