weird audio issues... is my phone possessed?

ripewithdecay

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
So as of late my phone has been doing weird things while playing music through the audio jack. Initially I was having issues with the stock player randomly quit playing and then when I would try to resume playing it would be the beginning of the track. I then tried using playerpro which solved the problem for awhile but then a new problem randomly started. I would be listening to something and the screen would come on by itself and start playing something completely different and then turn shuffle on automatically. Got sick of that, so deleted it and went back to stock. Then a new problem, as I'm listening to music it opens a streaming radio app and starts playing it over what I'm already listening to. So I delete the streaming app. Now it just started bringing up the google voice command prompt. And just as I'm writing this, I have my music paused, headphones in, and the voice command came up. It seemed to pop up when I bumped the headphone jack, could this be some sort of hardware malfunction? It does seem like the jack on my phone is sensitive to any type of movement, as in you can hear static if it's bumped.... Thanks for any help on this!

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Wow, that's really weird. I'm not necessarily suggesting this, but, have you done a factory reset? I think that'd pretty much boil it down to a hardware or software issue, ya know?

ripewithdecay

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Ya I think I may try that next... I really have a suspicion it's something with the jack now because I noticed it happening again multiple times if it was barely bumped. But if I go ahead and do the reset and it doesn't fix it, I can take it into Verizon and get a new phone.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Ya I think I may try that next... I really have a suspicion it's something with the jack now because I noticed it happening again multiple times if it was barely bumped. But if I go ahead and do the reset and it doesn't fix it, I can take it into Verizon and get a new phone.

Not really sure that it'll have anything to do with the jack. Sounds like the phone just might be messed up. Did you do a reset? Did it fix it?

ripewithdecay

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I did do the reset today. Tomorrow will be the big test though because I use it for about 12 hours while working. I will post back if it fixed the problem.

ripewithdecay

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Hah well no dice, the voice command prompt still pops up, and it did something even crazier. It started playing super fast, like chipmunk voice. I tried different songs and still played super fast, even with my headphones unplugged it continued playing crazy thru the speaker and then randomly called someone too. I think I may just have to take it : /

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Haha, that is hilarious. What a buggy phone. Never heard of anything like that. Especially strange that the factory reset didn't fix it. Good luck taking it back and getting your new phone!!:D

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
You're welcome!! Although, I didn't really help much, I just tried. Not really much we could do with this one. :confused:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney