Just got an X2, noticing a few problems HELP!

BlackBurkie

May 2, 2011
Visit site
1. It's not scorching hot like the previous overheating problem apparently was, but the back still gets somewhat warm below the battery compartment. Is this normal?

2. My battery went to 20% then suddenly to 5% and then the phone shut off with no charge. Went I plugged the phone in, it showed 0% charge and suddenly shot up to 40%. What's this about?

3. The touch screen sometimes locks up. I can hit the menu button and things will still appear on the screen but nothing reacts to my physical touch. This happens anywhere whether in messaging, the browswer, the keyboard, reading an email,etc.

The phone is not rooted and I just came over from the iPhone and am not the biggest techie in the world. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
1. Mine gets a little warm, but, it's never really concerned me. I mean, it's a little compact device with basically no ventilation.

2. This happens to me occasionally.

3. When it locks up, are you doing anything? I mean, I experience some lag sometimes, but, it never locks up for any length of time. If it's locking up for a while, you should definitely take it back. If it just seems like the OS is having hiccups, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah the mild heat is normal, its the 3g radio. the more data you pull through that the hotter it will get. If you put a case on it its not very noticeable.

As for the lockups, what version if the software is it running? Go to settings-about phone. If its 2.2.2 our 2.3.3 I'd update it, then see how it runs. After that you could try a factory reset if it is up to date. Our just take it back if you don't want to mess with all that lol.

Tapped from my Eclipsed X2

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000