Help me! I can't restore my backup!

mtmurdock

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Using Droid X2 on Verizon.

I was trying to flash my ROM to CM7. Before I did this, I used the MOTODX2_Bootstrap_signed.apk I got from a post on XDA to do a bootstrap nandroid backup. I then proceeded to attempt to install cyanogenmod on my phone. This failed, but hey that's why I made a backup. Right? Well, when i booted into recovery to try to restore the backup, the recovery menu had changed and I couldn't restore to my backup.

Now when I boot my phone it gets to the boot animation and then resets, and resets, and resets....

For the love, there must be a solution to this! How do I restore my backup!?!?!?!

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Pull the battery to shut off the phone if its boot looping. Then turn it back on by holding the Volume Down + Power button together and hold until the phone boots up into the recovery screen. Once in recovery.. go to Install from zip.. choose zip from sd card... clockworkmod... backup... and install the backup you made.

mtmurdock

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Definately didn't work that way.

I've fixed it. The main problem was that the clockwork recovery got removed somewhere along the lines, so I couldn't restore to a clockwork backup (or any other backup for that matter). In the end I used SBF Lite to restore motoblur, and then used my Titanium backup to get my apps back.

these links were useful to me:
[GUIDE] How to SBF an X2
SBF File, RSD Lite/Drivers And Instructions

Hope this helps someone else in the future!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87