| || |
My DROID X2 has gotten confused and forgetful
Android version: 2.3.4
I recently installed
- Beautiful Widgets,
- Business Calendar, and
- Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper from Google Play.
Since then my 'phone has:
- Become unable to remember which active wallpaper it should run (was Nexus) and now displays a stock Droid static wallpaper.
- Forgotten that it was running "No Lock Screen", making me unlock my phone by hand.
- Stopped bringing The Weather Channel app back up at boot time.
- Made Temp+CPU Pro go inert.
- Started getting "Authentication errors" from Gmail at boot time.
- Stopped bringing up Screenshot ER at boot time, although it's still set to do so.
I froze Beautiful Widgets and Business Calendar, but this did not help.
The 'phone, Calendar, Tasker, Y5 Battery Saver and many other apps still run correctly, so I am NOT bricked.
But I am in over my head now. Got lotsa computer experience. None of it with Unix, none with Android and how it thinks.
Is there a standard next move that I should make such as clearing a Cache that would undo whatever it is that I did wrong? Of course I did NOT do any kind of backup just before I began this adventure, so I can't fall back that way.