Turning my phone in to phone only.

melocco76

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I bought my mother a droid x2 phone over a year ago, but since then she has started losing her eyesight. She has been messing things up slowly and I thought I would try to find a way to just use the phone as a phone.. Is there a way to just have it as a phone? No icons, no emails etc. She deletes icons, removed the phone icon off the bottom, has started Bluetooth and sync and everything so her battery lasts for 2 hours or less.

I don't live with her and live over an hour away. She doesn't have a home phone so this is the main way of communicating. If I can't find anything, I will be forced to get her a feature phone, which she has broke three in the past. Any help would be grateful.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, you can get a custom launcher to lock the home screens. I use Holo on my phone and it has this feature. She'd have to open a menu, and, somehow select the option to unlock them. Then you could remove all icons but one for the dialer and one for contacts.

You can set her email account so it doesn't sync, turn of background data, disable 3G. Should get better battery life then.

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Get her a dumb phone on Craigslist for $20.

Or download big launcher.

Just make sure you are doing what's best for her... If she wants a simple phone, get her a big @$$ brick with giant buttons and not android.

Or an iPhone where she can tell Siri what to do.

sent from my LG Viper using my thumb and Swype.

IC3D

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Tell her to HOLD down the HOME button and POWER button at the same time... it will power into SAFE MODE. Nothing works but phone calls/texts. ;D

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Download a launcher, make it one screen only. Remove the icons from the dock. Hide the status bar.

Download one of the many dialer widgets from the play store. Throw that on the one home screen.

Lock the homescreens.

I would also say get her a flip phone. Why pay the extra money for a data plan that will never get used? You would be saving like 360$ a year

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair