CM10 battery issue

stiernan1968

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Having an interesting battery issue...recently flashed CM 10, and from a battery perspective everything worked fine. I've now had 3 instances where the battery indicator has remained at 100%, yet the battery has been discharging all along. I can't recharge the battery from the approved charger or USB from that point forward until the battery completely discharges. Then it seems to work fine again for a bit.

I also installed Gsam battery monitor, which, when the original battery indicator read 100%, the gsam did as well. It, however, when opening the app itself, told me that the battery was discharging, how much, and which apps were responsible.

Any ideas?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Having an interesting battery issue...recently flashed CM 10, and from a battery perspective everything worked fine. I've now had 3 instances where the battery indicator has remained at 100%, yet the battery has been discharging all along. I can't recharge the battery from the approved charger or USB from that point forward until the battery completely discharges. Then it seems to work fine again for a bit.

I also installed Gsam battery monitor, which, when the original battery indicator read 100%, the gsam did as well. It, however, when opening the app itself, told me that the battery was discharging, how much, and which apps were responsible.

Any ideas?

You could try downloaing an app that would wipe your battery stats. Battery calibration I think it is called (been so long, I cant remember)

stiernan1968

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
You could try downloaing an app that would wipe your battery stats. Battery calibration I think it is called (been so long, I cant remember)

Thanks for the tip....I downloaded the app, and in the middle of allowing the battery to completely drain after the calibration, ran into the same problem.

So for the time being, given that issue, the inability to use epocrates (which I use daily), and instability issues...I've gone back to 2.3.4 for now.

Any thoughts about another custom ROM?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the tip....I downloaded the app, and in the middle of allowing the battery to completely drain after the calibration, ran into the same problem.

So for the time being, given that issue, the inability to use epocrates (which I use daily), and instability issues...I've gone back to 2.3.4 for now.

Any thoughts about another custom ROM?

I checked on a couple others, but they don't list your device.