Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default CM10 battery issue

Having an interesting battery issue...recently flashed CM 10, and from a battery perspective everything worked fine. I've now had 3 instances where the battery indicator has remained at 100%, yet the battery has been discharging all along. I can't recharge the battery from the approved charger or USB from that point forward until the battery completely discharges. Then it seems to work fine again for a bit.

I also installed Gsam battery monitor, which, when the original battery indicator read 100%, the gsam did as well. It, however, when opening the app itself, told me that the battery was discharging, how much, and which apps were responsible.

Any ideas?

Global Posts
    20,755 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: CM10 battery issue

Quote Originally Posted by stiernan1968 View Post
    Having an interesting battery issue...recently flashed CM 10, and from a battery perspective everything worked fine. I've now had 3 instances where the battery indicator has remained at 100%, yet the battery has been discharging all along. I can't recharge the battery from the approved charger or USB from that point forward until the battery completely discharges. Then it seems to work fine again for a bit.

I also installed Gsam battery monitor, which, when the original battery indicator read 100%, the gsam did as well. It, however, when opening the app itself, told me that the battery was discharging, how much, and which apps were responsible.

Any ideas?
    You could try downloaing an app that would wipe your battery stats. Battery calibration I think it is called (been so long, I cant remember)

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    You could try downloaing an app that would wipe your battery stats. Battery calibration I think it is called (been so long, I cant remember)
    Thanks for the tip....I downloaded the app, and in the middle of allowing the battery to completely drain after the calibration, ran into the same problem.

So for the time being, given that issue, the inability to use epocrates (which I use daily), and instability issues...I've gone back to 2.3.4 for now.

Any thoughts about another custom ROM?

Global Posts
    20,755 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by stiernan1968 View Post
    Thanks for the tip....I downloaded the app, and in the middle of allowing the battery to completely drain after the calibration, ran into the same problem.

So for the time being, given that issue, the inability to use epocrates (which I use daily), and instability issues...I've gone back to 2.3.4 for now.

Any thoughts about another custom ROM?
    I checked on a couple others, but they don't list your device.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    I checked on a couple others, but they don't list your device.
    Thanks, I appreciate it.

only stable roms for dx2 are cm7 and eclipse
    links to both in my list
    sd_shadow's [Collection] of Links for Droid X2

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk
    [ROOT] Framaroot, a one-click .APK to root
    I have verified it works with these Motorola devices running android 2.3.4
    Droid 2 (a955), Droid 2 Global (a956), R2D2 (a957), & Droid X (MB810)
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thanks....probably gonna try Eclipse this weekend