Activate the OS, not the cellular service?

mmmmna

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Had been using the Droid X2 with the car deck, it worked fairly well. Got a new phone (GSIII), it won't work with the car deck, and there is no update for the car deck.
I'm thinking I want to return to using the Droid X2 as a media server because it works with the car. One problem: I did a factory reset on the Droid X2 after I swapped the cell service to the GSIII. Cannot activate the OS because the call cannot connect.

I wonder if I can reactivate it for wifi only use. Otherwise, it is almost as good as a brick.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
What exactly do you mean by activate OS? You don't need to activate anything to use it as a WiFi only device

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

mmmmna

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
When I power it on, I get a screen that says 'Welcome to Droid X2 touch the android to begin', and the only other options are a button saying 'emergency call', and a button saying 'select language'. I touch the android, the screen changes and on the new screen, I either make an activation call or an emergency call. That is all it allows.
I press activate, the call goes through but activation fails: 'Programming unsuccessful'. Reboot, it all starts over.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
When I power it on, I get a screen that says 'Welcome to Droid X2 touch the android to begin', and the only other options are a button saying 'emergency call', and a button saying 'select language'. I touch the android, the screen changes and on the new screen, I either make an activation call or an emergency call. That is all it allows.
I press activate, the call goes through but activation fails: 'Programming unsuccessful'. Reboot, it all starts over.

Tap on the language and it'll ask you to sign into your Google account. You can skip that if you want to

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

mmmmna

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Tap on the language and it'll ask you to sign into your Google account. You can skip that if you want to

Nope. I get to choose english or espanol, and selecting either one sends me back to 'touch the androd', and the show repeats. Also tried sliding down the staus bar, can select the network and enter the password, but everything drops back to 'touch the andrroid'.

mmmmna

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
you need to by pass activation, using the no bp boot

Your document linked to that video on Youtube, that video showed 2 ways to bypass. The first way, the touch 4 corners method, worked for me. I am pleased, thank you, very much!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2